“First choice when staying in Tampa”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“First choice when staying in Tampa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I love the Embassy Suites, especially for their complimentary breakfast and evening happy hours. However, this hotel in Tampa is particularly nice because Tampa, in my opinion, does not have many large hotels near downtown. I choose it every time and have never had a complaint.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KaykayMom
ESTPA, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you so very much for your loyalty to the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is not my first time staying here and I am glad I always come back to this hotel when in Tampa. Front desk folks are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. Location is the max!! The managers cocktail is always a nice way to start the evening just needs a better white wine- both glasses I ordered tasted vinegary I left both. Breakfast is very good with lots of choices. Love this hotel and will keep coming back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeniffer S
ESTPA, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Embasy Suites Tampa Downtown. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I have forwarded your feedback to the Food & Beverage Department for follow up. We look forward to your return stay with us.
Washington DC Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed at hotel for 4 nights on business. The staff was helpful and welcoming and the room was clean. Great breakfast options with made to order omelette and happy hour too. Definitely a good place to stay in downtown Tampa.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank booncanlas
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had an opportunity to enjoy the delightful cooked-to-order breakfast and relax during the evening manager's reception. We look forward to seeing again.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wonderful experience, the room smelled fresh, the linens pristine, the bed extremely comfortable, everything working in a properly manner, friendly staff, the cook to order breakfast is included and is delicious. Just one minor inconvenient, the ice machine in our floor was out of service and I had to go downstairs during the 2 days of our stay to get ice. The room is pricey, but considering that we were four, to feed everyone in a restaurant would have exceed any savings that will have any a less expensive place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank monicainjax
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked-to order breakfast buffet during your stay. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced with the ice machine while staying with us. Please know that we take our Guests feedback seriously and are working on rectifying this issue. We look forward to seeing you again.
Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed the weekend of october 7. We booked only because it was so close to where we were going... I was not ok with paying almost $160 a night for a King Suite for 2 of us and then pay $20 for parking per night. I think charging what they do for the rooms, valet parking should be included for guests or at the very least have an option that for alternate parking. The breakfast was very good. The room was nice and clean, I was expecting a little bit more space in a 2 room king suite, the bed wasn't very comfortable so we didnt sleep much. Also the A/C didnt work well in the room. We would have it set and wake up sweating. I did find it strange that you can book at a less expensive hotel and your room comes with wireless that is included in the room. Which again for what they charge should defintely be included. We usually go to Tampa quite often and will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank LoveinFlorida30
We appreciate you staying with us at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and appreciate your feedback. We have several packages that include internet with your stay. Although we have a Valet only property, the downtown district has several parking garages , one being right accross the street that guests are welcome to park. As in many downtown areas, these lots have hourly rates each time the cars are taken out of their lot. In our case the rate includes unlimited in and out privileges. I have forwarded your A/C and bed feedback to the corresponding departments for immediate follow up. Once again, thank you for your feedback, we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Fort Myers, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Embassy Suites, and this one was right on par for what I expect....friendly service, clean rooms, and great breakfast. What wasn't impressive was the price of the room and the cost of the mandatory valet parking. Because I stayed on business, I didn't personally pay for either....thank heavens. On a positive note, the man at the omelet station was the epitome of superb customer service. What a great way to start the morning!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank JudieAnne
We are glad that you stayed with us and enjoyed our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. Our rates are reasonable with the market and vary daily. I encourage you to visit our website for special rates and availability. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the Tampa Bay area.
FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed in Embassy Suites hotel for one night, Oct. 1, 2011. I requested ahead of time and checked upon check in that I had a "quiet" room. I was told all rooms are quiet. I said I was willing to pay more, but was told no others were available. The reception attendant was sure I had a "quiet" room.
There was so much noise in this room due to major sized condensers located just beyond my room. I used ear plugs, but the nature of these condensers running 20 minutes on and 20 off is not helpful for sleeping if you are a light sleeper like I am. The earplugs could not deaden the noise enough.
In the morning I was told that I should have complained and they would have moved me. At 2 a.m., I'm not sure that would help. I could have moved into the front part of the room, but the noise is still bad from the open nature of the walkways around.
This hotel is clean and beautiful. However, I would not recommend this if you are a light sleeper like I was. They took 30 dollars off my bill, but that was a poor service when I did not get one hour of sleep even. I rent hotel rooms to sleep. If you can't sleep, they are worthless. I rated the hotel as average because it is beautiful, and for all I know, even light sleepers could sleep in other rooms, especially above the 12th floor. I wasn't lucky enough to get a high room. Make sure you are if you sleep very lightly and get awakened by sounds.

Room Tip: Get above the 12th floor.