“Absurd Changes in Menu”
Review of Copperfish - CLOSED

Copperfish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tampa Bay's Premier Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar. Located in Historic Hyde Park District. Best Happy Hour in town Monday thru Friday from 4pm-630pm.
Toronto, Canada
“Absurd Changes in Menu”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

When this restaurant opened I was very excited. The first visit was marred by teeny-tiny portions, but the food was excellent. I returned, and was thrilled to see that the portion sizes had been increased. However, on my last visit in October, I discovered that my very favorite dish, the shrimp skillet, had been removed from the menu! When I asked about the dish, the waiter said it had been removed because of complaints by a customer that the dish was too messy (the shrimps were served in the shell)! This seems beyond stupid. As well, my dinner companion ordered the crab cakes, and was not happy with the preparation of the dish. I've not returned to Copperfish since. I would love to go back since it was becoming one of my favorite South Tampa spots--but unless they bring back the shrimp skillet (and consider revising the protocol used to make decisions about menu items!), I'm not likely to return, sadly, since this dish was the reason for going to Copperfish.

• Visited October 2013