WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #113 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Great experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My mom, son, nephew, and myself came to Tampa from Ohio for the Tampa eagels game. We had the best time. Wilson, who worked the front desk was wonderful. Very helpful with directions and treated my teenage son with so much respect. Our hotel stay was a highlight for my son. Thank you for being so nice and respectful!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Crystal-dawn-marie
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for mentioning Wilson in your review of your recent stay! Wilson recently joined our team, and he is a true example of what a hospitality professional should be all about. I am lucky to have him on my team.

We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again soon!

Ryan Cornelius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Summit Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our group has made this our hotel of choice when going to RJ Stadium. Once again Felicity was OUTSTANDING in accommodating our needs. Our rooms were waiting for us exactly as she promised as we didn't check in until after the Bucs / Eagles football game. I must also compliment the gentleman (sorry I missed his name), that checked us in with ease at a very busy time. The rooms were clean and the breakfast , including bacon was very satisfying. Only glitch worth mentioning was a little problem with the TV reception on the Fox channel, and we could not get NBC for the Sunday night football game, but this may be the cable or satellite problem, not the hotel's.
I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting the stadium area.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the first floor have a separate door right to the pool and hot tub without having to g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PoconoJack1113
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to fill out a Trip Advisor review for us! Felicity is going to be thrilled to see her name mentioned on here again! She truly is wonderful with our guests. I imagine Wilson was the gentleman who was also there to help you, although it could have been Angel or Joseph, but they typically work the overnight shifts. I guess it all depends on when you checked in. No matter who it was, I am happy to see you had a great stay with us and hope you get a chance to come see us again soon.

Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Loved my 2 night stay here starting with the warm welcome from Gina at the front desk. She made me feel like family during our stay. She gave me helpful information and was so friendly. She was extremely busy at the desk by herself, but remained calm and professional while multitasking as customers came and went. I told her when we registered that we were here to look for a new home. She remembered and asked us how our hunt went when we came back at the end of the day. Great, clean room. Nice buffet breakfast and the hotel was very convenient for us getting around Tampa/Clearwater and St Pete, where we eventually bought a home. We'll be seeing you again! Keep up the great work Gina S.

Room Tip: There didn't appear to be any bad rooms. The hotel is set back from the road so the noise level...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CKMD16
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello, and thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! Gina works very hard to make sure all our guests have a great stay, and I am very pleased you mentioned her in your review. We all have been striving to exceed expectations of our guests, and we love seeing your comments when we do! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Take Care!

West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I called the front desk prior to my arrival and Felicity answered the phone. So was very helpful and very pleasant to speak to on the phone. She was able to help with my questions very promptly and enthusiacaticly. The hotel was located close to the airport and my shuttle driver picked me up and was also very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frank T
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your recent stay with us! Felicity is going to be so excited to see her name mentioned in another review! She works very hard to make sure all her guests get everything they need, and I am proud to have her on my team.

We hope to see you again soon.

GLENS FALLS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Excellent location, rooms clean, bed comfortable. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Had minor problem with a/c unit and staff(front desk lady with down under accent) fixed problem right away. Sorry for not remembering her name, I had flown in for funeral and was pre occupied. The nice lady(from cuba) who prepared and served food and beverages during manager night event was polite and always had a smile for whoever came in. Great hotel and staff. Will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EdwardBGlensFalls
Hi Ed! Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! Felicity (from down under) and OMaris will be thrilled to see your comments! There is a new thing going on here where everyone is competing to see who gets their name mentioned on Trip Advisor the most! We just wish your visit had been under better circumstances. Take care, and we hope you get to visit us again for pleasure soon!

Bielefeld
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you have tickets for a Football or a Baseball game and you want to stay close to the stadiums to avoid longer taxi or car rides - this hotel is perfect. If you just look for a good hotel I think you can get something cheaper with the same quality. Its a 20 minutes walk to the Raymond James Stadium. For the games they also have shuttle Service foc.The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Forget about the breakfast, go better to Moms Place just around the Corner.

Room Tip: Book early and cheaper and take a Suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello Peter2406, and thank you for your review of our hotel. As I am sure you have read below, I am the new General Manager for this property. I appreciate the feedback about our breakfast, and although I can't compete with a restaurant named "Mom's," (I mean seriously, who can beat MOM's Cooking? ;-) I can tell you we are constantly making improvements every day. We are coaching and training and are improving our product and service. We hope you get a chance to come back and see how far we have come.

Take Care,
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

the location is near the stadium therefore you would think that you would be getting a better quality Hotel however first night I requested to be moved after I started to itch once I was in the bed and getting bumps all over my body. The carpet was dirty doors broken and towels we're not thoroughly clean. The chair on had three legs..will not recommend this location to anyone..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Airborne M
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Rippedstang05,

Please let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience during your stay. I would be very interested in speaking with you directly to help me better understand the issues you had with your room.

As I have been recently posting, I just took over this property, and each and every comment I get - good or bad - is needed so I can prioritize the next improvement I make here. I am in the middle of personally inspecting each and every room on property to make sure I get an accurate list of items I need to repair. Fortunately, it seems like most of the rooms here are in really good shape for being 8 years old. I agree a carpet cleaning is needed, and we have recently contracted a vendor and they are starting the process of getting all 147 rooms carpet cleaned.

Please reach out to me here at the hotel so I can get the room number you stayed in so I can give it a really good once over.

Thanks.