“Vety convenient”

Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Ranked #120 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayrd here one night on my way back from the beach. Great location for the airport, as well as Bucs Stadium. We arrived very late, but receptionist was friendly
and helpful. Good breakfast Buffett included and shuttle to airport.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Hello TXCornbread! Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here with a business group in room 236. I must advise you do not stay in room 236. The room was musty, moldy, had cockroaches, nail polish stains all over the carpet.

A colleague stayed in room 214 and it was like night and day. His room was clean, non-musty, non-moldy, decent carpet.

The public areas are appropriately nice for a hotel in this price range and age.

If I were to stay here again, I would check the room before I committed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 236. It is moldy, musty and has cockroaches.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Berkeley_Trader
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Berkeley_Trader,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for improvements.

We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with a better accommodation.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We spent one night here before flying out of Tampa. We had a king room, it was a nice size. The staff was friendly and efficient. It was roughly a 10 minute (or less) drive to the airport. We were impressed by the complimentary breakfast, more than the standard found in most hotels: there was sausage, eggs, pancakes, toast cereal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, plus coffee, juices, etc. it's not a really fancy place, but we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello CeeCeeK. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to fill out a review for us! Although you stayed here before I took over as General Manager, it is good to see I have a good foundation to build all of our improvements on. We hope you get a chance to come and see us again soon!

Ryan Cornelius

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Pro:
-13 minutes from airport/ 5 minutes from Bucs/Rays.

Cons:
-Big comfy chair had a leg MISSING!
-Thick layer dust on back and arm of chair.
Front desk said it was too late to do anything- maybe they could move me. I said I would just stay out of chair- my issue is why did housekeeping miss this and what's with the dust???
-No WiFi Internet access on 4th floor- I called front desk again and she said, your on the east side, only the west side has trouble usually. She said if you see the Comfort Inn WiFi the password is (and rattled off something). I said I don't see Comfort Inn either.
-Room was very run down and out dated.- shower rod was 'rigged' up with some crazy screws and looked like it could fall.
-Carpet had big red stains??? Wax?? Blood?? Red koolaid?? Looked like it had been cleaned, but could still see it- right in front of fridge.

*Just stay somewhere else.*

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear SenatorMcCain,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel within the area. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for Yankees spring training. Great location. We were within easy walking distance to the stadium, though a shuttle was available. The place is not fancy, but it is modern, clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Shuttle service was available for some nearby trips. The manager's reception during the week was a great perk. Again, not fancy, but a good way to have a light meal before you go to the ballpark--and those ballpark food/drink prices. Overall, a great visit and one we are likely to repeat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I, because of office scheduling, stay in a good number of 3 Star properties - at least 15 days a month are somewhere else ! I've stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns as well. Everybody's stayed at a Holiday Inn so I'll just hit what was really good.
Check in was less than a minute ! !
Room was bright (no low level lighting to hide the dirt)
I actually felt like I wouldn't catch something if I walked on the carpet or floors in the bathroom. You could actually see the pattern in the carpet. The whites were White White.
There were enough outlets to plug in Lap top, phone and still have outlets left over.
The work station wasn't directly in front of the AC so you don't freeze to death working.
This is one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in ! !
The only difficulty was trying to shave . The lighting in the bathroom was good enough for evrything but trying to shave !

Room Tip: If you're not paying attention to things you will drive right past. There is a closed restauran...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Found this hotel on last leg of our vacation. Location was very convenient and we had a great experience with night staff, Rafael who was very friendly and accommodating.
Clean beautiful room and good breakfast!
Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family