New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #113 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
traveling cat
“very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

the staff were very pleasant and wonderful. when I got there in the evening and they assigned my room, the room had a bit of a smell so I asked for another room and they were immediately ready to change me and make the room good for me. the only reason I didn't do a 5 star is because the internet was down both nights I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Shuttle to the airport and to different restaurants is a plus. Always on time. Room was very clean. breakfast was excellent. holiday inn is doing a great job as far as breakfast items. All the staff,is very friendly and proffesional. Will come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

yes, I get it. This motel is close to the stadium, but pulease, does that mean that the cleanliness and the niceties have to go by the board. This motel really does need to close for a couple of weeks and CLEAN, clean, clean and then add some touches to the rooms. Currently the facilities are meager, barren and certainly in need of attention. I came with two other couples and yes, the stadium proximity was a determining factor but I can promise you that this wont be a factor next time. As a holiday inn, this place really needs work and again, if it was my facility, I would have to say, shut it down and give it a good steam cleaning, decorate, put new mattresses on each of the beds, and generally make the place just a little bit warm and friendly. The hot tub outside was absolutely disgusting and totally unusable...although there was water (dirty) in it along ŵith grime and stains and a bushel of dirty leaves.
My one 4/5 mark goes to the two girls who were on the front desk, I believe their names were Felicity and Gina. They were definetely understaffed but maintained their composure and looked after the long lines waiting to check in. Other staff came and went without offering any assistance. I will give my report on the breakfast in another review las I think I've said enough about this.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Bonitabeach33
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Bonitabeach33,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel I appreciate you giving the location of the hotel a high score and for noticing how efficient our front desk were during your check-in. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the overall cleanliness of the hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at HEI for two weeks. This was the most relaxing vacation weve had in a long time. We just came to get away. The service here is unbeatable. Nothing is too much trouble for them. There breakfast was very good and nice and quiet. Everything was fresh daily. We also had a problem of our doing when we came home because we left something very inportant in the safe. They had it Fedex to us the next day in less than 12 hours. Thank you! Thank you! A special thanks to Felicity, Debbie and Mike. Thank you to all the others who's name we don't know. This is our second time staying here for two weeks and we will be back next year. Also the pool area is very clean and relaxing. The rooms were also very clean , i think they had little elfs come in and do them, I never saw them but they were always cleaned right after we left the room. Thank you again for a job well done. Rick and Barbara Schoen

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Very nice staff. clean rooms, pretty location - close to everything we wanted to do. They have a great airport shuttle. Great breakfast choices - hot and fresh.
The beds were comfortable. The room temperature was easy to control. Our room came with a fridge and microwave. The room was huge!. Behind the hotel was a pond with ducks. Great fun for the kids. We love to visit Tampa and we love the people. We visited lots of areas up and down the Veteran's Highway.
But we had no hot water. At first I thought at the end of the day, the other patrons had just used it all up, but in the morning I was up by six o'clock and I still had no hot water. This is pretty disappointing to me, and this needs to be fixed.

Room Tip: I like being right on the ground floor. Easy to get to and from and not too loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for Bucs v Saints game on holiday from UK 1ST NFL game.Rooms ok staff very friendly at desk & breakfast room.Short walk to stadium but there is a shuttle bus.Saints fans in party mood.Waffle maker broke & nice touch from kitchen staff to have some made from another hotel & brought in for our kids.If i get the chance of another game we'll be staying here.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank elaine a
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was greeted very well when I arrived. I had prior reservatrions and the reservations were waiting on me. I was given my room key as soon as I showed them my ID. My room was very clean no stains on the floor, my bathroom was very clean just everthing about the room was great. The lady at the hotel desk was very happy to print out my boarding passes for my flight the next morning. The lady at the desk called and made reservations with the cab company for me a cab to the airport, as my flight was eailer than the hotel shuttle started. Very friendly and very clean and neat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo