“Enjoyed my Stay”

Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Ranked #118 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was greeted very well when I arrived. I had prior reservatrions and the reservations were waiting on me. I was given my room key as soon as I showed them my ID. My room was very clean no stains on the floor, my bathroom was very clean just everthing about the room was great. The lady at the hotel desk was very happy to print out my boarding passes for my flight the next morning. The lady at the desk called and made reservations with the cab company for me a cab to the airport, as my flight was eailer than the hotel shuttle started. Very friendly and very clean and neat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed one night at the hotel. You have to call from the airport for the shuttles. They do not have a phone in the baggage claim area. The shuttle took about 15 minutes but that seemed reasonable when I saw where we had to travel.

It is a Holiday Inn Express, so do not expect the Hilton. But you pay less. The hotel was fine. I always look to see how clean the hotel and rooms are kept and I was very pleased with this hotel. I found the rooms well done, bright and lively and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very good. The staff was very efficient and friendly as were the shuttle drivers. There is a diner just a block away if you do not have a car. Without a car you are very limited as to availability in the area..

Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay again. The one concern I had was with the internet access. It is complimentary but I had a great deal of getting online and staying online with my iPad. They might want to look at the access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back which overlooks a lake, much nicer then the room on the front overlooking...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks good on the outside but once I arrived in my room, I was mistaken. The carpeting was the first thing I noticed as being dirty and very stained. The bathroom cleanliness was questionable and the tub fixture were falling apart and the sink needed a thorough cleaning. All the towels had stains on them. Time to replace the towels?
The drapes in the room were stained and need to be replaced. Also the lighting in the room was very dim.
Needless to say that I was dissatisfied with my selection.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Tgrice1
dgrenier, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be used to improve our performance.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Only stayed first night in Tampa here after late flight from NYC, (thereafter stayed with friends) but could have happily stayed longer. On map didnt realise hotel so far from airport, but actually located to the east? of airport, however the hotel free shuttle bus negated any problems getting to the hotel - especially at 10:30pm. The hotel receptionist was friendly and due to my IHG hotels Loyalty card i was a given a room upgrade to a suite, which included a late check-out next day. The suite was clean and very roomy/ comfortable, tho the in-room aircon unit seemed a little noisy until got used to it. The en-suite bathroom seemed clean, the only problem encountered being the shower water controller was stiff and only ran HOT or Cold. As always, the free wifi enabled me to catch-up on the days email etc. Even tho suite at front of hotel, hotel situated far enough back off main hway not to hear traffic noise, and slept soundly on a comfortable King bed. Next morning Just made the ample free buffet breakfast in the cosy dining room overlooking the pool and river, before returning to room till noon checkout (actual late check-out poss til 2pm). Left a room maintainence (shower tap) card with reception on departure, which was acknowledged by email a couple of days later. The only possible negative for this hotel is its location away from the city which would make it hard to get around if staying a few days without a car.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
dgrenier, Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests. It is our best tool to continually improve our facility and customer service.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've stayed here several times, each time when I've come to town for a football game at Raymond James Stadium, which is just a 10-minute walk. The staff was pleasant. The room was clean. I didn't sleep well at night, but that may be more a product of me being unable to sleep well in a bed other than my own. Overall, nothing fancy, but they have the basics covered. I chose this hotel for its proximity for the stadium more than anything else.

I've stayed here 4 times, and will stay here again next time I go to a Bucs game.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bri5050
dgrenier, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments. I am proud of all our staff. Glad to know it was appreciated.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were relocating to Tampa and stayed here our first night in town since we arrived in the evening. The shuttle service from the airport was wonderful - the gentleman who took was very friendly and welcomed us to FL. The lady at check in was not friendly. We got checked in - our room was clean and spacious. We immediately got changed and headed to the pool with our daughter to relax after a long day of traveling. We couldn't find any pool towels so my hubby went to the front desk to ask and had to wait till the front desk person and another employee finished their personal conversation. After asking for pool towels he got some reason as to why they weren't there and asked how he was suppose to know that and got a smart response from the other employee standing there. They did end up giving him towels. The pool was fine - it's very big and there's a nice sized jacuzzi as well.

After getting back to our room and getting ready for bed we realized we needed extra pillows for our daughter and called the front desk to find out there wasn't any so we were out of luck. We had to call the front desk after 4am because the room next to us had been playing music so loud all night long - thank goodness they did finally get that to stop.

The breakfast was just ok, nothing great. We were disappointed with the lack of service and friendliness from just about everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank M_Boyd

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Just wanted to say that I am sorry we disappointed you. Your comments will be used as a tool for the continued development of our staff.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel stay was just what we needed to relax us for our cruise in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank fldee

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. Am happy to say the pool issues have been cured and the pool is in fact sparkling. Please don't blame the dog owners..... We are not a pet hotel. It is our native ducks . But we have found a solution for that as well. Hope you will consider giving us another try. We continue to work toward perfection.