We spent two nights here and it was so-so.
Our room was very nice-- clean, updated, spacious and comfortable beds.
The breakfast was not as good as some Holiday Inn Express. It basically had the same thing both days except bacon was substituted for sausage one of them. It was clean, there was plenty of seating, and kept well stocked.
The parking lot was pretty full both nights yet it was quiet in our room.
The two things we were disappointed with:
Pets are allowed here and their owners seem to take about 10 steps out the front door and let the dog leave a pile on the sidewalk, drive, entrance, etc. You really have to watch where you walk and in 90 degree heat the smell is overwhelming. It was pretty gross to walk through every time you leave or enter the building. They need to have a dog walking area or send someone out to pick up after them. The various piles were never picked up while we were there.
The other bad thing we experienced was the pool. It was very murky and you could see the bottom was mostly covered in algae. Someone was in it vaccuuming the afternoon of our second day. It was not something you would want to get in the first 2 days. The morning we left it looked better but was by no means sparkling. The hot tub was also out of order. There needs to be a working pool in a Florida hotel in June.
If anyone stayed at Holiday Inn Express on Dale Mabry 7+ years ago, it is the property next door which is I think a Comfort Inn now. This hotel was being built while we stayed at the former HI Express location in 2004.
We have annual passes to Busch Gardens and will probably stay someplace else our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay SMART at the Tampa Stadium Hotel Airport area. We are the closest Tampa hotel to Raymond James Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Legends Field, the spring training site of the New York Yankees. Our hotel is close to Tampa International Airport (TPA) and Westshore business district. Downtown Tampa, Port of Tampa, the Convention Center and St. Pete Times Forum are just a 5 minute drive. Tampa Stadium Hotel is also close to all attractions such as Ybor City, Busch Gardens, Tampa Aquarium and MOSI. We offer free shuttle service within 3 miles, between the hours of 6:30 am and 10 pm. The Tampa Stadium Area hotel is a non-smoking facility featuring our free continental breakfast, high speed internet access and business center. Our Tampa hotel also offers 7,000 square feet of meeting space and full-service catering facilities and our peaceful setting on our own private lake is the perfect location for exchanging your wedding vows. Unwind at the end of your busy day at our outdoor heated pool and spa or in our state-of-the-art fitness center. Corporations located nearby the hotel include Hertz, St. Joseph's Hospital, General Motors, Lear Corporation, General Electric and FEDEX Corporation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Tampa Holiday Inn