WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #113 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Stuart, Florida
“An unexpected pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I were visiting Tampa for a long weekend when an emergency came up and I found myself in the position of having to find a room for a couple nights near St. Joseph Hospital. This Holiday Inn Express was the closest so I took a chance and was I glad I did. The staff was so helpful in assisting with directions, helping with the courtesy shuttle to get me from the hotel to the hospital, and ending with helping us to print our boarding passes and getting the patient and his mom to the airport. The room was spacious, very quiet, and very clean. The free breakfast was very fresh each morning. It was only a mile from the hospital, within a couple miles from any type of shopping needed, and within a couple miles of the interstate which was a blessing for me as I had to drive home. When visiting Tampa again, I would definitely stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone who has to be near the hospital.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am very happy to hear that our hotel and specifically the staff helped to make your stay enjoyable in spite of the circumstances. We strive to provide excellent guest service to each and everyone of our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Rooms are clean; Staff is helpful & courteous. Breakfast is good as at all Holiday Inn Expresses

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. Guest Service and room cleanliness are priority items for all hotel guests and I was happy to hear that we did well.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I try to mentain my IQ by staying at Holiday Inn express from time to time :) But jokes aside, it is a good hotel if in Tampa for a game at the stadium. I would not consider it for a family vacation. Room, smelled like humidity. Size of room is adequate. Bathroom can use updating, but not bad. Front desk very polite and responsive. Free Wifi, parking, and a nice free breakfast, makes this hotel a superb value. Shuttle avaliable to take you to game but not back.

• Stayed June 2012
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I frequently stay at Holiday Inn Expresses. Not the nicest one ever but clean and comfortable. We stayed 2 nights for the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert and it was easy to walk.
Cold A/C and a nice big room. My only complaint is an old TV...time to upgrade to flat screens.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
naples, florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chensey concert at Raymond James Stadium. Great location as it was about a 4 block walk and safe. I had the king suite, nice room, bed okay (little firm for my liking), breakfast was good, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fruit, muffins. I received $50 in vochers to Landers restauant next door as I paid $179 for the room (only one available when I booked). So glad I decided to use the vochers for lunch and cocktails before concert as the concert was over at 11pm and they close at 11pm, could have been $50 wasted as they expired the next day. I would stay here again for a concert or football game.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Skipton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here when we went to watch the buccaneers play, with it been very close to the Raymond James stadium. We was going to start walking to the stadium when the receptionist told us if we waited 5 minutes the airport shuttle would be here, and he would drop us off at the stadium for a couple of dollars, which I thought was fair enough.
It was a very pleasant stay, very clean and would stay here again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week during spring training so we could see the Yankees every day. I was a little skeptical after seeing some negative reviews, but the hotel was very clean throughout. The fountain in the lobby didn't work but so what, we were not there for a fountain. Our room was huge, had a nice big bed, the bathroom was very clean too. We used the pool one day and it was also very clean. The best part of the hotel was the walking distance to the stadium (although the hotel runs a free shuttle to and from before and after the game--we took it back once or twice because it was late at night). The front desk staff was always nice, as was the shuttle drivers and the buffet staff. Every Tuesday through Thursday (or Friday?) they hold a little social in the dining area of the lobby where they serve some kind of dish (chili one night, some other mexican dish the next) and soft drinks, beer, or water. We went every night right before the game and loved it. It was included in your stay and we tipped a few bucks for the beers.
Previous reveiws about the breakfast not being healthy are right on. No fresh fruit (the day we left they had bananas), just eggs, sausage, muffins, biscuits and a panake maker that never seemed to work. Normally I would've been all over it but I've been watching the carbs the last few years and I put on a few pounds during the week. Good coffee though, plenty of juices and milk.
The restaurant in front of the hotel is okay. We ate in the bar area and it was nice and quiet. I liked my steak dinner and my wife said hers was just average. The bartender was also the waiter for that area and tended to us very nicely. When my dinner came with a lobster tail and not the shrimp like I asked, he said keep the lobster and brought me the shrimp also. He just earned his tip! Beer on tap was good too. One meal there won't kill you, I wouldn't do it every night though.
If you're staying in Tampa just for spring training I'd highly recommend this place. It's one of 2 hotels within walking distance of the stadium. (Also a good place to stay for Bucs games, they play across the street) We did check out the Comfort Inn right next to it to see if they had a better breakfast buffet (yes we were going to do that) and it was absolutely filthy. Kids were walking around in the dining area with no shoes on, it wasn't very kept up and nothing was being filled. We walked right out.
Overall a very good experience, we'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple