“Great location to Raymond James Stadium”

Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Ranked #115 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
naples, florida
“Great location to Raymond James Stadium”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chensey concert at Raymond James Stadium. Great location as it was about a 4 block walk and safe. I had the king suite, nice room, bed okay (little firm for my liking), breakfast was good, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fruit, muffins. I received $50 in vochers to Landers restauant next door as I paid $179 for the room (only one available when I booked). So glad I decided to use the vochers for lunch and cocktails before concert as the concert was over at 11pm and they close at 11pm, could have been $50 wasted as they expired the next day. I would stay here again for a concert or football game.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Skipton
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here when we went to watch the buccaneers play, with it been very close to the Raymond James stadium. We was going to start walking to the stadium when the receptionist told us if we waited 5 minutes the airport shuttle would be here, and he would drop us off at the stadium for a couple of dollars, which I thought was fair enough.
It was a very pleasant stay, very clean and would stay here again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week during spring training so we could see the Yankees every day. I was a little skeptical after seeing some negative reviews, but the hotel was very clean throughout. The fountain in the lobby didn't work but so what, we were not there for a fountain. Our room was huge, had a nice big bed, the bathroom was very clean too. We used the pool one day and it was also very clean. The best part of the hotel was the walking distance to the stadium (although the hotel runs a free shuttle to and from before and after the game--we took it back once or twice because it was late at night). The front desk staff was always nice, as was the shuttle drivers and the buffet staff. Every Tuesday through Thursday (or Friday?) they hold a little social in the dining area of the lobby where they serve some kind of dish (chili one night, some other mexican dish the next) and soft drinks, beer, or water. We went every night right before the game and loved it. It was included in your stay and we tipped a few bucks for the beers.
Previous reveiws about the breakfast not being healthy are right on. No fresh fruit (the day we left they had bananas), just eggs, sausage, muffins, biscuits and a panake maker that never seemed to work. Normally I would've been all over it but I've been watching the carbs the last few years and I put on a few pounds during the week. Good coffee though, plenty of juices and milk.
The restaurant in front of the hotel is okay. We ate in the bar area and it was nice and quiet. I liked my steak dinner and my wife said hers was just average. The bartender was also the waiter for that area and tended to us very nicely. When my dinner came with a lobster tail and not the shrimp like I asked, he said keep the lobster and brought me the shrimp also. He just earned his tip! Beer on tap was good too. One meal there won't kill you, I wouldn't do it every night though.
If you're staying in Tampa just for spring training I'd highly recommend this place. It's one of 2 hotels within walking distance of the stadium. (Also a good place to stay for Bucs games, they play across the street) We did check out the Comfort Inn right next to it to see if they had a better breakfast buffet (yes we were going to do that) and it was absolutely filthy. Kids were walking around in the dining area with no shoes on, it wasn't very kept up and nothing was being filled. We walked right out.
Overall a very good experience, we'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt T
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

As a whole, my experience was good at this hotel. I stayed for a week on business. The room was clean and comfortable. I just had a few problems while I was here: 1) The breakfast is not bad, but they should offer healthier options and have different items instead of the same things everyday. 2) The tv did not work for over 15 hours, when it came back on, we lost all local channels for 2 days, and the picture was fuzzy. 3) I was not told about the happy hour from 5:30-6:30 Tuesday thru Thursday, until I noticed something going on Thursday night. The hotel itself and the room were nice. The location, also, is great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
surrey
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The reasons for staying here are convenience - the airport ( free shuttle), the Buccaneers Stadium and, as in our case, for an easy walk to the Yankees Spring Training stadium.
Our room was comfortable and functioned well and the breakfast was adequate. But we agree with other comments that the public areas in particular are dated and not up to usual HIE standards.

But as we walked back to the Hotel after the Yankees game and watched the queues of cars struggling to get out of the car parks, we were very glad to have stayed there. We would happily return in similar circumstances.

We too would admired the job Felicity is doing- it can't be an easy hotel to run with most people staying just the one night and going to and from the airport at odd hours.

1 Thank pgwill
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear pgwill,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We hope you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and are glad you enjoy our location. We are sorry you found our decor in the public areas outdated. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hotel was clean, pool area was nice, and the walking trail around the pond in the back was great. The complimentary shuttle took us anywhere within a 3-mile radius, which included the airport, the cruise ship port, and the shopping malls.

It was a one-night stay and it was very pleasant.

1 Thank CanadianBaldGuy
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We spent only one night here. We had been in Clearwater for Philadelphia Phillies spring training games and moved here to see the Phils play the New York Yankees at
Steinbrenner Stadium. If you're healthy the walk to the ballpark is within reason. Everything about this facility is very nice. We arrived at noon and even though check-in is not until 3PM we were able to check in. The room was clean and very pleasant. The mini refrigerator was appreciated. The complimentary breakfast was a little chaotic but we managed. It was free and served the purpose! Do not miss the pond just beyond the pool. Lots of ducks and 13 babies while we were there. Very relaxing and enjoyable.