“Not anywhere close to being up to Holiday Inn Express Standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel

Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Ranked #114 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Ga
“Not anywhere close to being up to Holiday Inn Express Standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have been a HI Express customer for years, and I can honestly say, this is the worst HI Express I have stayed in for many years. First, I will give you the good points. The place is clean, and the housekeeping staff does a good job. Also, the pool area, which includes a heated pool, is great. Now the bad part! The decor in this hotel is BEYOND dated, and considering what I paid, there is no excuse for them not to renovate. Also, the normally wonderful HI Express mattresses were nowhere to be found. Instead, we had a matress more in line with what I would expect to find at the most basic budget motel chain. Finally, the lobby is very cluttered with a food retail section right next to the front desk. It just made the lobby and the whole place look that much cheaper.

I would definitely spend the night somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed here when I came down to see the Yankees during spring training. It is within walking distance to the stadium so it's a great value for the money. The breakfast buffet was very good and the lobby was very nice. I thought the rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There's a small pond in the back of the hotel which is nice to walk your dog around. In summing up, I was more than happy with my stay. I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank sfmarine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Hotel was ok the room was looking run down (321). Beds are clean. Internet is almost useless 0.12 uploaded speeds. It is free and I still want my money back. Staff was frienldy rooms were ok. Exercise room had broken equipment, tVs are old, and the Internet is bad!!! I am use to a little better in a HIE. I am not feeling smart today.

• Stayed February 2012
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times previously for business (it is located near the airport and my customers). The hotel is not holding up well at all and it is not indicative of the HI Express brand standard. I have had excellent stays here in the past and perhaps with some attention to the cleanliness, maintenance and brand they will be able to return to a hotel that represents an excellent value.

Front desk agent at check-in and over our 2-night stay was terse; very bothered by our mere presence as if she were home and we were interrupting her. Had trouble connecting the internet and was told that no one else had complained so it must be fine. The agent on later in the afternoon (Anthony) took care of the connection issue right away.
There were many small physical plant issues which signal to me that a hotel is not being well cared for. The carpet in my room was not vacuumed well-plastic clothing tags, pieces of paper. All of the carpets (room and hallway) were lumpy as if they hadn't been installed properly. Water feature in the lobby was not functioning. House phone haphazardly placed in the breakfast room. There was always garbage on the floor in the lobby and common areas. Grout in the bathroom and elevator floors poorly done and tiles moving. Pancake maker not working.

Only one garbage can in the guestroom (bathroom, not under desk). The only amenities in the bathroom were soap, shampoo and conditioner. Totally all that you need but not the typical HI Express set-up in the bathroom. The pillows were horrendous. I almost tore them up so that they wouldn't be given to another traveler. One, marked "firm" was the lumpiest thing I have ever experienced.

On the plus side the room was large (233) and very, very quiet. The bed and covers were comfortable. The location was great for me and the breakfast is convenient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank beanerOhio
Middleburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We checked in and found our room to be large, clean and exactly as described. We picked this location mostly because it has a heated pool and a hot tub (two of our favorite amenities). We had a spotless fridge and microwave in our room (another favorite). Everything about this hotel was exactly what a traveler wants. It was quiet, it was clean, the breakfast was very well prepared, the grounds were immaculate and the beds were comfy. We seldom sleep so well away from home, but we slept like rocks here. It's also 100% non-smoking so we had no trouble finding a "smell-free" room. When we checked out after two great days, Christina was at the front desk. Her work load was tremendous; there was a lobby full of people, the phone was ringing off the hook, but she kept everything moving with speed, accuracy and a very friendly smile. I'm not sure how she did it, but she sure did it very well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheWilsons32068
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Good location for Buccaneers games. Large rooms. Free breakfast. Very good value.

• Stayed January 2012
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I were in Tampa for a funeral and this HI Express was perfect for our stay. The room was spacious, clean and reasonable There was a fridge and a microwave in the room. The hotel is convenient to the airport and many eating places on Dale Mabry. The free breakfast included bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, muffins, pancakes,yogurt, juices and coffee.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family