I've stayed at this hotel 3 times previously for business (it is located near the airport and my customers). The hotel is not holding up well at all and it is not indicative of the HI Express brand standard. I have had excellent stays here in the past and perhaps with some attention to the cleanliness, maintenance and brand they will be able to return to a hotel that represents an excellent value.
Front desk agent at check-in and over our 2-night stay was terse; very bothered by our mere presence as if she were home and we were interrupting her. Had trouble connecting the internet and was told that no one else had complained so it must be fine. The agent on later in the afternoon (Anthony) took care of the connection issue right away.
There were many small physical plant issues which signal to me that a hotel is not being well cared for. The carpet in my room was not vacuumed well-plastic clothing tags, pieces of paper. All of the carpets (room and hallway) were lumpy as if they hadn't been installed properly. Water feature in the lobby was not functioning. House phone haphazardly placed in the breakfast room. There was always garbage on the floor in the lobby and common areas. Grout in the bathroom and elevator floors poorly done and tiles moving. Pancake maker not working.
Only one garbage can in the guestroom (bathroom, not under desk). The only amenities in the bathroom were soap, shampoo and conditioner. Totally all that you need but not the typical HI Express set-up in the bathroom. The pillows were horrendous. I almost tore them up so that they wouldn't be given to another traveler. One, marked "firm" was the lumpiest thing I have ever experienced.
On the plus side the room was large (233) and very, very quiet. The bed and covers were comfortable. The location was great for me and the breakfast is convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay SMART at the Tampa Stadium Hotel Airport area. We are the closest Tampa hotel to Raymond James Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Legends Field, the spring training site of the New York Yankees. Our hotel is close to Tampa International Airport (TPA) and Westshore business district. Downtown Tampa, Port of Tampa, the Convention Center and St. Pete Times Forum are just a 5 minute drive. Tampa Stadium Hotel is also close to all attractions such as Ybor City, Busch Gardens, Tampa Aquarium and MOSI. We offer free shuttle service within 3 miles, between the hours of 6:30 am and 10 pm. The Tampa Stadium Area hotel is a non-smoking facility featuring our free continental breakfast, high speed internet access and business center. Our Tampa hotel also offers 7,000 square feet of meeting space and full-service catering facilities and our peaceful setting on our own private lake is the perfect location for exchanging your wedding vows. Unwind at the end of your busy day at our outdoor heated pool and spa or in our state-of-the-art fitness center. Corporations located nearby the hotel include Hertz, St. Joseph's Hospital, General Motors, Lear Corporation, General Electric and FEDEX Corporation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Tampa Stadium Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Tampa Holiday Inn