“Amazing Food and Service”
Review of Elevage

Elevage
Reserve with OpenTable
Elevage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Some recipes are timeless. Classics that nevervanish, but occasionally fall out of favor. Ignored bythe culinary world until one inspired chef pulls outan aged recipe card and begins to breathe into ita new life. Obsessing over the components, payingeach basic ingredient extra attention. Arrangingthe parts, sampling, then changing them. Crafting.Refining. Elevating. A patient dedication like thatof a winemaker’s élevage, raising up a vintage.Until perfection. A plate so well crafted it recallsthe past but lives fully in the present.Detailed Hours:Weekday Breakfast 7:00 - 10:00amWeekday Lunch 11:00 - 2:00pmSat & Sun brunch 9:00 - 3:00pmM - Th and Sunday dinner 5:00 - 10:00pmFri & Sat dinner 5:00 - 11:00pm
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went to Elevage this past weekend with a group of friends and we all loved it! The menu had so many things that we wanted to try so we all ordered different items and shared a lot. Everything was delicious! I ordered the Homege to Berns steak sandwich and it was amazing. I intended to share half of it but ended up eating most of it myself because it was so good. The portion sizes for all of our courses were very appropriate - not too big and not too small. Our server was also top-notch! She was friendly but also very knowledgeable and catered to our needs. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

bpalm2424, Public Relations Manager at Elevage, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Heather M-
We appreciate your kind words on our food and service! The Homage to Bern's sure is a fan favorite! Please come back soon, and we are so happy you enjoyed your experience.
Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Took my husband to Elevage for his birthday. We ended up staying at the hotel which we really enjoyed. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. New, modern, clean. Great for couples and group of friends. Would not recommend for small children. Better to valet the car. Parking can be a nightmare on weekends. I had salmon for dinner which was good and fresh, but a little pricey. (Honestly I prefer the Salmon at the E&E Stakeout Grill). It came with a small vegetable. I would recommend sharing one of the large "sides". My husband and I shared the "grits" and they were delicious! My husband had a steak sandwich which was "okay". I think the food could use a little more seasoning. One turnoff: the server knew we were celebrating a birthday yet they couldn't give the birthday boy a free scoop of ice cream .... after spending $100 for 2 people for dinner, that is what I consider to be "penny wise and dollar foolish". Breakfast was wonderful. Far better than dinner. Nice menu choices. I would recommend to friends.

Dear Allycat2011-
Thank you so much for your recent review of Élevage, and Happy Birthday to your husband. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and entree, as well as your breakfast. As far as the birthday dessert goes, all of our ice creams are homemade and unfortunately we do not do free dessert at any of our restaurants for Birthdays. I know it seems simple, and is a mytrh that has perpetuated for years, but in reality, we just can't possibly do it due to the number of special occasions celebrated at all our establishments. I apologize if this tarnished your experience, and I hope you will be back to join us. Please email me at publicrelations@bernssteakhouse.com and I will personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

You're going to think you're having a mirage when you see these hostesses. Honestly, all of them are 10's. Food is pretty good, the wait staff is nice but I'm not joking, you WILL come back just to see these hostesses.

Dear Michael R-
thank you for your comments on our hostesses! They are lovely. we are so glad you enjoyed the food as well.
Hope to see you back in soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The menu is limited and borders on being skewed towards vegetarians. Its fresh and tasty (if you are a vegetarian) but the menu needs to include some regular food for the carnivores among us.
It's the perfect eatery for runway model's who compete with each other to see if they can eat less low calorie food. I am a local and I was looking forward to a new restaurant in Tampa but I will avoid this place until the menu is expanded to include regular appetites.

Dear BikerDoc-
Thank you for your recent comments on the menu at Élevage. We are sorry to hear you feel it is more catered to a vegetarian set. We do have many meat and fish selections, including a filet from Bern's. We want all of our guests fed well! Carnivores and Herbivores! Our menu is ever-changing and we hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your business.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food was very good and not as pricey as I thought it would be. The atmosphere is really cool. Was a bit dissapointed in the dessert. Selection needs to be better/

Dear Amy_GGom-
Thank you for your recent review of Élevage. we appreciate your kind words on the food an atmosphere. So sad to hear about the dessert, as that is one of our most popular courses! Please let us know when you come in next and we will personally ensure a great dessert experience!
Brooke Palmer

Been to Elevage? Share your experiences!