“Excellent Restaurant”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,563 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boy Scout
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The restaurant is attractive and the staff friendly and welcoming. Food was well prepared and nicely presented. Our server was attentive and helpful. We had a lovely lunch in a very nice setting.

1  Thank GAB2403

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Without his knowledge, I informed Capitol Grille that is was my boyfriend's birthday after he had made the reservations. The restaurant staff decorated the table and placed a hand-written birthday note from them on the table. The staff also fulfilled a very odd request - that if anyone on their wait staff spoke French that that person wait on our party of four. My boyfriend is a Francophile and speaks French. It was a grand surprise for him! Staff also had a birthday dessert plate prepared and served champagne. Thanks to Jennifer for arranging it and Winston, our very competent French speaking waiter, for a very memorable evening! This is typical of the level of service Capitol Grille provided when we dined there a few times before this birthday dinner. Completely Outstanding!

3  Thank AggieMay72
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This restaurant is located near the International Mall immediately south of Tampa airport. We made our reservation for four through Open Table for Easter Brunch and arrived on time. We were seated in a booth about two feet away from a table of 14 and right next to the children's end (8 children 6 adults). This has been the most uncomfortable and appalling experience we have ever had at Capital Grille there was total mayhem with children noisily dashing around the table getting in the way of the waitstaff and almost knocking our drinks to the floor several times. I do not understand why a table of that size was set up in the middle of the restaurant and not to one side where it would be somewhat contained. The brunch offerings were very limited and the same they offer for every holiday occasion (it will be exactly the same for Mothers' Day) it was not possible to choose from the main menu. We will definitely avoid brunches at the Capital Grille in future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

While shopping we decided to end the day with a good late lunch. Capital Grill was a great choice. The service was superb!! Our food was delicious. The soup was marvelous, my lobster crab burger was amazing, and my husband's lobster roll was perfect. It was a perfect lunch and so restful. Be aware, this is an expensive place and I have had as good food at less expensive places. However, we totally enjoyed our food and the ambiance and the service.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been visiting Capital Grille around the country for several years and it has always been a favorite. It will probably continue to be but this visit was not the experience I have grown to expect and enjoy while dining at CG. The food was great, as usual, lamb rack for me, fish for my wife, nice appetizer and sides, bottle of bubbles etc. Service was the issue. It was a Tuesday night, we dined at the bar as we were not dressed for the dining room. We were in the area having a few drinks but we were a little more casual than we would like to be for the dining room. Maybe that's why the bartender was the way she was. Not friendly, not accomodating, we tried to make some small talk but got the cold shoulder. Delivered food but no check back. Never poured the rest of our wine. Had her phone out twice. Just not the Capital Grille experience. I wish I remember her name but I don't. Becky maybe? We'll be back for sure but it was a bit dissapointing.

2  Thank mjenks8

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!