“Tampa's Finest”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boy Scout
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
“Tampa's Finest”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is Tampa's finest combination of excellent cuisine, attentive service and great wine served in a wonderfully romantic atmosphere.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Awesome for special occasions”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Wife and I have gone here for our anniversary and occasionally a birthday. If you let them know that it is a special occasion they take even better care of you. The place is pricey but so worth it. We use to go to Bern's Steakhouse (which is nice) but we have had a better experience at Capital Grille. If you go, you have to try their Lobster Mac & Cheese.

• Visited August 2011
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“The Taste of Heaven”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I recently gave up red meat and when my boyfriend took me here for a surprise dinner I was timid about the taste of their fish as this is a steakhouse. I ordered the Swordfish and it was AMAZING. I had a cold and I was congested I could still taste all of the seasonings and different flavors! The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. The atmosphere was perfect for a business dinner or a romantic evening out. This is definitely a repeat for us!

• Visited February 2012
santa barbara ca
“Manager hangs up on me”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The food and the service are both excellent but ne prepared to wait at least 30 minutes even with a reservation and watch the manager (bob) avoid you at all costs!
If you call him FROM the restaurant like I did I hope he doesn't hang up on you like he did to me saying "I know my job"
Despite him and his scruffy unkempt look the food is worth dealing with his amateurish poor manager style!
I am writing this review from the restaurant!
My second night on a row!
Peter Noone
Ps he is still avoiding me but place is full so I suppose people don't expect managers to care?

2 Thank peternoone
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I find myself always ordering a steak here because they are simply juicy and delicious. All appetizers are quite tasty. Wine menu is fantastic! Service is also great and very attentive! This a great place for a special occasion. I have dined here for over 5 years and I have not had any problems. This is my favorite restaurant in the Bay area! Dress appropriately. Complimentary valet parking. Usually not crowded.

Been to Capital Grille? Share your experiences!