“Great Hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this property and was very pleased with the room and staff. My room looked brand new and the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable! I needed directions to a certain store and to Busch Gardens and both were perfect given. I will be visiting my Mom in Brandon each year and will stay at this property evey time!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway and road
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Monghuni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Taylors, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I wanted to start off and say that I am a frequent traveler. I usually stay at Hilton, Marriott and Priority Club properties. However, my company recently changed to a per-diem program that allows a set amount to be spent on hotels and we get to keep the amount that we save on the rooms. Add to the fact that this hotel was a couple of miles from where I was working and it was right across the street from a bar that I could drink at and walk back to the hotel, so I decided to give it a try. I read the reviews, and they didn't look promising, so I decided to drive by first. I walked into the lobby and it was very clean. There were no smells and a nice young lady greeted me immediately. I asked her for availability and she quoted me some prices. I told her that I saw them cheaper online and asked if she could give me a better rate. She apologized and said that I could use the lobby PC to book the room. I thought that was a great compromise. I realize the desk clerks don't have authority to change rates.

I booked my room and within a few minutes I was checked in with keys and a very nice, clean comfortable room. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Super Cheap rates for Tampa area. It was about the quality you would expect from a newer Holiday Inn Express. I enjoyed my stay and Cornelius (General Manager) greeted us every morning for our waffle, oatmeal and coffee breakfasts! Great property, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank my5sonburns
Allen Park, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Upon arrive on October 8 at La Quinta Inn, the room reeked of mold and mildew and the trash was full of beer bottles, that had not been removed from the previous guest. Was taken to another room because we could not re-locate to another hotel, because we book our reservation through price-line.com, and not through La Quinta direectly.
Second room also smelled of mildew not as badly as the first room but we had no other alternatives but to stay. The refrigerator was not working, we lost food and drinks because it was not getting cold. It was replaced by another refrigerator that did the opposite, it froze everything. Again we lost food and drinks. The light on the table would not work properly, it went on and off and it was finally replaced. The toilet wasn't flushing properly. Sometimes it would flush, sometimes not. Our last morning in the hotel we were getting ready to leave for the airport, had to take a shower in cold water! NO HOT WATER!!
On October 16th, 1 day after returning home, Mr. Corneleius Mathis, General Manager from LaQuinta Inn and Suites in Tampa Bay Brandon West, called me, apologizing for the bad experience we had and offered to give us a refund for two days (out of the seven we were there) but stated we would have to contact priceline.com, explain everything to them that occured at the hotel and give them Mr. Mathis phone number and also tell them he was giving priceline the OK to refund us for two days. He said to tell priceline to contact him and he would speak with them, about everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Josie313
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

As a former VP of Operations for a Colorado Hotel Company, I can usually guess what the hotel is going to offer by it's name. the level of service is always dictated by the General Manager, upkeep is dictated by ownership. Upon arriving I anticipated a clean hotel, somewhat mid scale and clean. The level of service Cornelius the manager performs is an example of what happens when you have a good General Manager. Cornelius just "gets it" when it comes to customer satisfaction. the property was clean, employees were very polite on all shifts. My compliments to Corporate for hiring this man. If I were to operate properties in Florida, I guarantee I would try and steal him to run my most important hotels. Very impressive!!!!!!

Dennis Patrick
VP of Operations

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dennisyellowstone
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Fast check in. Staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel needs updating especially the elevator. My room was an executive. Room needed updating but was clean and comfortable. Bed was excellent. 2 HD TV's with NO HD channels. In room fridge and microwave. Didn't notice any noise from adjacent rooms. The price I paid was very reasonable. If I had paid any more I would have rated this hotel 2 star. Bob Evans is next to the hotel but is very busy. McDonald's is across the street. WiFi signal was very strong but the speed was terrible. Continental breakfast was very basic and the tiny breakfast room is always busy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Quality Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#65 of 162 in Tampa

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West? Share your experiences!