“The girl at the front desk was very nice and informative.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Ranked #104 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Jersey
“The girl at the front desk was very nice and informative.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I asked for a non smoking room with a king size bed, when I arrived I confirmed at the front desk that I was in a non smoking room. The moment I stepped off of the elevator I could smell the smoke. I hoped the room wasn't going to be as bad but when I opened the door it was just as bad if not worse. I'm an ex smoker and let me tell you this room is bad! The first thing I do when I get a room is pull the covers back and check to make sure they are clean. The sheets looked and smelled clean but the blankets were a different story, they were covered in hair and looked dirty. This place is probably not a bad pit stop for truckers and the like, but for the price and quality this is not a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank _loulyorio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great place to stay while house hunting, as staff is friendly, hospitable, eager to please with their services. Comfortable beds are the most important part of extended stay, these were class A, making us feel like we were at home. Room was clean and fresh, maid service great, convenient breakfast area with great selections, including waffles. Location to everything you need is main reason we chose this, plus it is so economical for extended stay.
Thanks to all of you at La Quinta for making us feel at home and giving us directions,plus all the joking we did (about learning how to use the waffle maker).
You have actually been some of the first people we have met from the Tampa area and feel that your kindness and hospitality must represent much about the attitudes in the area. We will be looking forward to our return to see you guys again in the near future. Mrs. D, North Carolina, Sept. 2011 visit

Room Tip: The staff is so helpful in placing you where you want to be, and it is easy to change rooms if you d...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Perth WA
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Vaue for money, this hotel was great for our trip to Busch Gardens. I would rather stay at this hotel than pay more an be closer to the theme parks. It had a restaurant on site which again was great. Store for buying snacks close by. The only problem was the elevators were being serviced on the day we checked out and we had to carry our luggage down three flights of steps, but otherwise, it was what we expected for the price. Clean and tidy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I got mixed messages at this property. On one hand the rooms were large and well kept and had micro/fridge combo, old style tube tv and an excellent work area with a good work desk, chair and decent lighting with plenty of outlets. On the other hand the hallways were filthy and showed poor housekeeping and the elevator was in poor shape and slow. The Breakfast was adequate, nothing special but did have waffle maker. Staff was adequate. Some light road noise, not too bad though. The pool is decent size, outdoors. An excellent value for your money, but no where near the top of its class.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Older property adequately maintained in Brandon. Not the Four Seasons, but perfectly adequate for an overnight stay at reasonable cost. Free breakfast is worth what you pay, but not much more. Recommend if convenience & value are important & frills aren't.

• Stayed February 2011
Barboursville
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I believe that there is anpther LaQuinta very close by this one. By my GPS, that is the one that I was looking for but turned into the wrong one. What I found out that I actually turned into the BEST one. I had no reservation. Being a "walk-in", I was greeted by Denise at the front desk. Very friendly. I stated that I had no reservation but that was not a problem for them. I asked for my typical room that I usually get and Denise was more than than happy to assure that I received the best room in the house. I had a two room suite. Originally I was only going to stay overnight, but between Denise on the front desk and CC, I enjoyed the banter back and forth so much that I stayed an additional two day's while there on business. I could have left after one night and saved the additional driving, but these two ladies made it all the worthwhile to spend the extra time fighting the traffic to come back there.
As far as my room was concerned, upon arrival, I found probably a dozen or more brochures stuffed under the door advertizing for area food setablishments and have to admit, I was disappointed to see these. I picked them up and brought them down to the front desk and asked if this is "normal". I was told that the management was trying to keep this from happening as best as possible. Not 15 minutes after returning to my room, I heard someone trying to stuff another paper under the door. I grabbed the paper, opened the door, and told the man placing it there that I had a "DND" on my door, by him placing this under my door, he could have been shot as I did not know if he was trying to break-in or not! Never had a paper after that during my stay. The room was clean, and the bed comfortable. There was a flat screen tv in the bedroom, but a regular tv in the sitting/work room. I would suggest a flat screen in there also. Other than that, I would stay here anytime I am in the area again and would recommend this hotel to any of my staff and friends. They went out of there way to make sure that my stay was comfortable.
My compliments to Denise and CC for the humor and banter.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Trbl4u2
mgr4007, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Thank you so much for your positive review and comments regarding your stay with us and we really appreciate the kind words. I will be sharing your comments with the staff so they are recognized for there outstanding service and efforts. We will continue to ensure that we are a great find and we certainly look forward to your return visit with us. Thank you for choosing La Quinta and allowing us to be at your service.

Best Regards,
Richard Wolf
Area General Manager
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We always use LaQuinta Inn as our hotel stay when ever we travel.......We have a small dog and they are very accomodating to dogs. The units are always very clean, bright and shiny and the front desk goes over and above to accomodate the people. Mostly is the breakfast.....love the waffles that you make yourself.......excellant.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mapcf
Thank you for your review and positive feedback. It is our pleasure to be at your service and we will always strive to exceed your expectations of us. We look forward to your return visit and we thank you for choosing La Quinta.

Best Regards,
Richard Wolf
Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Quality Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West? Share your experiences!