All reviewswing housefive guys burgersroom was cleanfront deskflorida statethe seminole hard rock casinoextra pillowsthe red roof innparking lotfree breakfast isthe breakfast areahotel rooma great place to staylocation was perfectwould stay here againyogurtybor city
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Just wanted to let you know what nice people you have at this location,We have stayed 4 or more time there, I always book online, for what ever reason I booked a regular room,it was smoking, I didnt realize that, well your manager caught my mistake and changed the room before we got over to Tampa. I really appreciate him, I have Ashama and I can't sleep where they smoke in the room. Thanks again
Jacqueline and George Dover

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babyboy05
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Stayed here with my wife and some friends (in another room) for one night to go gambling at the Hard Rock Casino that is five minutes away. HardRock rooms are 300 a night and this hotel is 90 a night for a large king room with sofa and mini kitchen. Well worth the money. It was clean and the staff were extremely nice. Would stay here again. Plan to do it this weekend. Not to mention, there is a Five Guys Burgers and Fries right next door. Good for the midnight snack after gambling and drinking all night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bekntony
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The location for this hotel could not be better if you are going to a concert at the fairgrounds. There is a La Quinta next door that doesn't look quite as nice but it's probably the same quality. There is really nowhere to eat within walking distance, except for Wing House but it's not easy to walk to. The hotel was fine, I wasn't expecting great, but our room smelled HORRIBLE. Our room smelled like it was covered in mold. I have never stayed anywhere that smelled so bad. I called the front desk to see if there was another room available and I was told that they were booked and nothing else was available. I don't know how hotels work but there were a lot of people that checked in after we did, so I really think they could have moved us. Since there were no other rooms available, the manager came to our room to check out the smell and she brought a lady from housekeeping that had a bottle of spray bleach. The manager agreed that the room smelled and apologized. The cleaning lady was going to spray bleach straight into the AC unit to "make it sell better" and luckily we caught her in time or we would have had to find another room elsewhere. I doubt I would stay here again. We didn't ask for a discount on the room, but one wasn't offered either. It might be worth the drive to stay somewhere nicer a little further north.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelli02
HolidayInnFair, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

First, thank you for your feed back on your recent stay. It is always important for us to hear, good or bad, because of our continual efforts to improve. I would like to apologize for your experience as it certainly does not represent the hospitality that we strive to provide. I invite you to contact me directly at the hotel, so I may arrange compensation for you.

Theresa White

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Great Holiday Inn Express Hotel. Right across the street from the Tampa State Fair grounds and the 1-800 ask Gary (Ford) Amphitheatre. Location could not have been better.
We checked in around noon and since we are HI Priority Club members they up graded us to a suite. King bed with 32" flat panel TV. Everything in the room was clean and worked.
The only thing was that the buffett breakfast did not have any meat to go with the sorry egg dish they served. Everything else was good and clean. Almost next door (walking range) is a WingHouse restaurant and they are building a 5 Guys Burger right next to the hotel. Great for late night snacks. Also just over the interstate is the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, also Busch Gardens is only 15-20 minutes away.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaZowie
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Very nice hotel, but had VERY little water pressure.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business