WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds

Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds
Ranked #66 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Marietta, Georgia, USA
“Great room near the Seminole Hard Rock Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a great room. King executive jr suite with sofa, microwave, refrigerator. The breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express which was adequate. They offer complimentary shuttle service to the casino.The only down side was the extremely small pool. I would definitely stay there again when we go back to the Hard Rock Casino.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet. No parking lot noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the shuttle to the casino. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds. It served its purpose for us.

Location: It was easy to find. Right off the highway.

Customer Service at Checkin: The front desk staff at the time of check-in were extremely friendly. That's rare. I personally think that customer service has a major impact on how your trip will go.

Room: we were upgraded to a suit. There was a microwave ,fridge and free wifi. It was very clean. Not the Ritz Carlton but I feel I can bring my children here for a weeks stay.

Amenities: They have a gym and free breakfast. The gym is small..but most people are not going to work out on vacation or a business stay.

Breakfast was a little more than a continental breakfast. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, turkey sausage. It was very good.

Overall I enjoyed it. I hope the Holiday Inn reward the staff for keeping a nice clean and friendly place to rest. It can't be done with out the staff.

This was my first post ever on tripadvisor. I plan to do more. This site helps me a lot when choosing places to stay.
Thank you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a nice review and for complimenting our staff. We are grateful for your patronage and glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we can host you again in the future.
Pompano Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with a large group. We had over 10 rooms and every room had stains on the carpet. The rooms smelled musty, AC loud, bright street lights shining in room, elevators were slow, hotel staff was not friendly. The only positive thing is the location of the hotel. Our group will never stay in this hotel! It was a disgusting place to stay with our family! This hotel is in desperate need of updating, especially the carpets. Very unhappy with hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guests comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
drgoldin90
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

This last weekend we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the fairgrounds. The location was perfect for us. The room was spacious and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Included breakfast was varied and everyone found something to eat. Appreciated the "to go" coffee cups. Note to management - you need better signage out front. It is very hard to find your way into the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time share your positive comments regarding our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your room and breakfast. Our staff is happy that they made your stay enjoyable. I apologize for the poor signage out front. Thank you again for your positive comments.
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

As we arrive at the hotel was nice, we call front desk for an extra towel because we're 4 and the we're only 3, so Dorothy at the front desk ask my husband why we need extra towel if we just arrive REALLY? I think that was very unprofessional as a front desk person, that's why you there to help us not to ask about every single request. Well at breakfast Theresa greet everyone and ask about our stay, really nice the Hotel I'm very picky and this hotel meet all my expectations, I recommend it!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in Florida. The hotel was located in a great area - close to the Hard Rock Casino - which we did enjoy that evening. Plenty of places to eat. Close to were we needed to drop off the rental car. Front desk staff were freindly and helpful - thanks for the cookies Monet. Room was comfortable and clean. Bed was comfortable.

The only problem we encounted was the wake up call - we had an early flight out of Tampa and had asked for a 3 am wake up call. Luckily we woke ourselves up as we never received the call. When we checked out we did tell the front desk person that we did not receive our call - he did not find a record of it in their system, Recommend that if you have an early flight that you double check the wake up call being put into the system.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony R
Florida PanHandle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I got this hotel by purchasing an unknown property, all I had was a star rating and a customer rating... no name, address or details. I will admit when I saw it was near the Fairgrounds I was heart broken that I had taken a gamble. I thought I just hated everything in that area of Tampa.

However, once we were on site I could not find a single problem, and I certainly tried. The beds were comfortable, the rooms very clean, bath room was roomy, breakfast good.

Our Christmas present to our grandchildren (ages 9 and 11) was a trip to busch gardens, so they were with us. They loved the fresh baked cookies every evening in the lobby, the make your own pancake machine in the breakfast area and of course the pool (but it is NOT heated).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family