“Another wonderful stay”

Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds
Ranked #76 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

HIXP refuses to let me down. Another wonderful stay with this chain. Clean room, wonderful free breakfast, very friendly staff. This is out go to chain and they have yet to let us down. We love it. We had an event at the fairgrounds and the location couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently stayed here on a trip to Busch Gardens. The hotel was clean. Our room was very nice and comfortable. Some of the staff was not very pleasent and the elevator takes too long - slow and not too big. It was short driving distance to Busch Gardens and there is a Five Guys burger joint in the parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just save your money go someplace else! Staff very rude. Breakfast is passable. Smelly room. Squeaky beds. Poor shuttle service. What more can I say? Front desk are busy yapping and eating, almost like they didnt want to work. Pool is unkept.

• Stayed: June 2012
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Stellarstar,
I am very sorry to hear that you had this kind of experience with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and I have discussed your comments with our front desk, shuttle and maintenance teams. Thank you for taking time to let us know about the issues.
Theresa White

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!!! The staff was very nice!! I was greated by laren as always she helped me with many things she printed out maps and gave me a book full of different atractions but didnt know how to get to the stake house down the street
which was fine she called a gentlemen on the walkie talkie who came to the front desk and gave me very good directions.Me and my wife travel alot because of my company and i was disapointed this location did NOT have a bar but with wing house being next store i didnt mind.
a couple of things i did see wrong the young lady at the front desk sat their and was yelled at and belittled for about 10 minuets by a drunk guy i then stepped in and told the guy myself not to talk to a lady like that the poor girl was my daughters age i would say with this location the hotel should have some type of sacurity guard.
Me and my wife were going to take the shuttle to the casino the same man who gave me directions was going to give me and my wife a lift over as we were waiting by the front desk the gentle men walks through the front door STINKING of reefer!!!! I changed my mind and drove myself and my wife over what happend to drug tests? I own a very large company that always does buisness for hillsborough county and would never let any one under the influence drive any of my machinery.He was a shoter heavy set guy who looked as if he just rolled out of bed!!! very disapointing to see that.
I will be returning to this hotel as always on buisness but will not be taking the shuttle!!!
thank you to the staff and to karian she was very good to us i stopped her in the hallway and asked for extra towels and made sure we got them with in minutes and nortin any time i need help with my computer he always helps as i stay here very often.

Room Tip: room by stairs elevator is slow
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mr A
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a beautiful suite with a huge kitchen! Gorgeous place. High ceilings and the place was new and spotless!! We loved it. We highly recommend staying here. Great breakfast and nice staff!! The staff helped us get in a suite within minutes of our phone call to them. We were coming from a dump room at the red roof inn. They saved us! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spoke personally to the manager as the last resort to the problem. Front office personnel lacking in customer relations skills - Dorothy. People behind the call center was polite and helpful at time of reservation but the hotel is saying "they gave us wrong rate therefore it is not their problem", really? Then whose problem is it? I booked the first time for the Hard Rock rate. I was lead to believe that I did but to my surprise my card was actually charged something else which I found out when I had the confrontation with the manager. All in all, will never step foot in this hotel, deceiving people. My husband and I was embarrassed by the scenario because my father-in-law who is celebrating his birthday, wanted to pay instead. So, 2 occasions ruined by the quality of service. Why did I come back in the first place? Hotel was clean, period!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Hard Rock Visitor,
I apologize for the poor customer service you received and thank you for reaching out to let us know about the issue. We have multiple packages that we run in conjunction with the casino and this can be very confusing for our reservation agents. I have submitted a request to our team that any of these calls automatically be transferred to the front desk staff (who get the daily updates on the package specifics) so that future situations like yours will be avoided. I can understand your embarrassment and frustration and hope that you will give us another try. Please call me personally the next time you would like to visit so that I can take care of you.
General Manager, Theresa White

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I work at a Hotel in Ft Myers, so I am very particular about cleaniness, customer service etc.
We were greeted with a warm smile by Vero. She was so helpful in taking care of our needs, giving directions and giving us ideas on what sights to see. The housekeeping ladies were very helpful in getting us extra items.
The breakfast was Great ! I went back twice..... pancake machine awsom.
It was nice to stay in a comfortable, secure, and quiet place.
We have recommended your place to our friends and we will be back in August.
Thanks