All reviewswing housefive guys burgersroom was cleanfront deskflorida statethe seminole hard rock casinoextra pillowsthe red roof innfree breakfast isthe breakfast areahotel rooma great place to staylocation was perfectwould stay here againyogurtybor cityconcert
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at this property for 9 nights, as part of a larger group. We had basically commondered this hotel for our own use, with approx 30 guests in total staying at the hotel.

The rooms were run of the mill Holiday Inn Express (ie nice/functional) but what really made this property STICK OUT is the staff. Every single person we met (General Manager, Front Desk staff, Night Auditor, cleaning staff, housekeeping, shuttle driver) was so friendly and hospitable. They were always willing to cater to our needs...which made it feel like home!

Thanks to the GM and her lovely staff (especially Lauren) for their dedication and hard work...and keep it up!!

Room Tip: The nicest rooms are located on the ground floor (high ceilings).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really do work hard to make sure that our hotel is a comfortable place to stay for ou guests. I hope you come back and see us again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, it's in a great location and very affordable. I was there 4 nights!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I am not even going to go into the fundamentals of hospitality management/ front desk ops. The walls in this hotel are paper thin and the headboards share a wall. When I checked in about 5pm I was hoping to get some work done before dinner, but instead got a play-by-play of the events in the adjoining room...good to know you can get an "escort" delivered in about a half an hour. There were numerous other scantily clad teenagers littering the property, screaming and banging on doors. There were numerous folks in the check out line who were claiming their stay-deposit as they chose not to use a proper name or credit card when they checked in. In addition, the porcelain tub was chipped in so many spots it made me wonder, who travels with a hammer large enough to do this damage? The carpet was filthy and the property is a mess, but the clientele is what really leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

I apologize that your stay wasn't as you exprected and appreciate you taking the time to post this comment.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Sitting in the lobby of the hotel waiting for a taxi as the hotel doesn't have a shuttle to the airport -- only in rare circumstances I'm told. Personnel not in the spirit of service to guests. I'm talking about a genuine smile, not the fake "how is your breakfast" when your mouth is full. And if you do plan to go to this hotel, don't stay more than a few days as eventually the breakfast will turn your stomach just to look at it. Room was nice but already showing its age(?) chips in bath countertop

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Hello Montreal Guest,

I am so sorry to that my staff''s interactions with you were less than professional; it is not normal for any of them to address a guest while they have food in their mouth and I will discuss with them the company policy of not eating unless they are on break at our next team meeting. I will say that I am proud of our complimentary breakfast buffet and we do rotate our hot items to help avoid the "monotony" that you mentioned. If you have any suggestions for other items that we could rotate in, I would love to hear from you; another creative thought always helps. As far as the chips in the countertop go, I'd like to investigaate this and would ask you to contact me at the hotel with information on your room number so I can personally take a look and determine what actions we need to take to correct the problem.

Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at this hotel and we found the service and accomodations to our liking. The front desk personnel was very friendly and the general manager greeted us in passing. Very good breakfast. Easy access to downtown Tampa via either I-4 or the city streets.

Room Tip: Would advise getting a room on the backside of the building as the front side faces a busy highway and it can got a tad noisy at times with the traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family