All reviewswing housefive guys burgersroom was cleanfront deskflorida statethe seminole hard rock casinoextra pillowsthe red roof innparking lotfree breakfast isthe breakfast areahotel rooma great place to staylocation was perfectwould stay here againyogurtybor city
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed her in as many months. The hotel is well kept, friendly employees and the General Manager is there to greet you early in the morning at Breakfast. Clean rooms, good amenities.

Room Tip: If you want a nice view, ask to face the Fairgrounds, otherwise you have industrial views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for being one of our repeat guests. We certainly work on keeping in touch with people who stay with us and our breakfast time is a great opportunity to do that. I'm glad you noticed!

Theresa White

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Spring training baseball and poker...what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Hotel is off the expressway, so road noise is minimal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The service at this place makes it a nice stay. The shuttle to the casino is great and will save you a ton of money since the casino rooms were about $200 more per night.

We had a little issue when the rooms that we booked we 3 rooms with king size beds and we needed rooms with 2 beds. After a little work the staff was able to make this right. Free breakfast is not much to write home about but it's a nice touch.

Overall I'd say if you needed rooms close to the fairgrounds (literally across the street) or the casino (a 3 minute) ride I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My stay was on Feb 24 and 25, a weekend trip with "the girls". First, this Holiday Inn Express has a really convenient location, about a five minute drive to the Hardrock Seminole casino by the hotel shuttle. And a short drive to Ybor City and International Mall. I do have to give special recognition to two of the hotel staff, Norton (Greg), who was always on call, it seemed, to shuttle a group of ladies (or just one) back and forth to the Hardrock. He was very courteous, providing us with driving directions to different locations around Tampa, and tips about different tourist activities. He also helps out behind the desk and is always pleasant. There is also Thomas Banks, one of the managers, who was also very courteous and did not mind giving us local information. A pleasure to deal with!
As far as the hotel itself, my room was clean and spacious, and the bed was very comfy. I did find the elevator a little slow, as there was only one, and it could be a little crowded, or we would have to wait on another one. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night, so maybe it is busier with casino traffic. The breakfast was okay, standard Holiday Inn Express fare. The cinnamon rolls are always good, and the pancake machine was fun. All in all, it was a nice stay, and the two staff members mentioned above made it extra special! I will stay there again the next trip I make to the Hardrock Casino.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have stayed in alot of hotels over the last 2 weeks, & this is by far the most enjoyable stay. The staff is exceptionally helpful & friendly. The manager is in the breakfast lounge in the mornings greating everyone and the kitchen staff as well ask how you are. the rooms have everything you need and are spotless. It is in an excellent location with a gas/convenience store next door and two restaurants within walking distance. They also have a free shuttle to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. If we are in the area again we will definitely stay here again. The Fairgrounds are directly across the street.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Wendy,
Thanks for staying with us. We certainly do enjoy spending time with our guests. And for me, being visible in the breakfast area gives me a chance to get to know and understand our guests needs better. I hope you stay with us again so we can talk in person while enjoying one of those great cinnamon rolls in the morning. I'll also pass your nice words along to the team.

Theresa White