All reviewswing housefive guys burgersroom was cleanfront deskflorida statethe seminole hard rock casinoextra pillowsthe red roof innfree breakfast isthe breakfast areahotel rooma great place to staylocation was perfectwould stay here againyogurtybor cityconcert
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Holiday Inn looks great inside and out. Their breakfast is delicious and free. I'm still amazed with their perfect pancake machine. The rooms are clean and modern. The flat screen TV was a little small but was pleasantly surprised to find HD available.

The only 2 disappointments were the after hours front desk attendant. She was nasty. As Stephon (SNL city correspondent) would say "...don't bother her cause she's on BREAK. The second disappointment was the extreme slow WiFi connection. I appreciate the free Internet, but dial up is faster than the WiFi at this HIExpress.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex A
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Hello Alex,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the reception that you received when you arrived at our hotel. Please be assured that I have addressed this with our front desk staff, in particular with the person who I believe you encountered. I feel badly that this affected your experience, since we strive to make all of our guests feel welcome.

As far as the WIFI goes, I am not certain why it was so slow for you and I am doing some additional investigation and tests to see if we can determine the actual cause of the problem so that we can fix it.

I appreciate your comments and hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Recently booked Holiday Inn Express Casino because of the close proximity to the Hard Rock Casino. What a nightmare when arriving at the hotel I booked 2 double beds and got into my room and it was one single bed. Spoke to the so called "manager" he said they were sold out for the night and that was the last room they had which I did not believe. Than he gave me a very very hard time when asking for a refund when I checked into the room 2 mins ago and once I saw the single bed I could not stay there anymore. Once inside the room, there was an awful smell to the room. The bathroom was also old and the elevator was as fast as a turtle. I was very disappointed because from the outside the hotel looks nice but once inside it was a nightmare. The Manager was very rude and demanding and not nice at all. Buyer beware the Comfort Suites down the road or the Fairfield Inn is way better.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JJJTampa
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Hello JJJ Tampa,

I appreciate the time you have spent in posting your comments and would like to address a few things that you mention that actually affect a few of our bookings.

There are many ways to make room reservations and the issue you experienced with expecting a specific room type is fairly frequent. When our hotel is at a near sell-out, or if you utilize an online travel agency, our computer system allows guests to reserve a room, but not a specific room type. The only way to guarantee a specific room type is to pay a premium/non-discounted rate for the room type you desire and select that specific type on the reservation screen. It appears, by looking at the history and codes on your reservation that your booking was for a General room, not a specific type. I certainly apologize for the lack of clarity in the reservation system and will bring that to the attention of our national product manager.

I also investigated the refund for your room and our manager on duty did immediately post a refund, however had to reverse that action due to luggage still remaining in the room and our inability to re-sell it. I am sorry if his insistence that you remove those items in order to obtain a refund appeared rude; I’ve already discussed this with that manager so that we will be better prepared to address this in the future. Your refund was processed as soon as the room was totally vacated.

In addition, because the room you booked was a General room and we were sold out, you were situated on our Smoking floor. I agree that this location of the building can at times smell stale. We are considering the elimination of the smoking option, however in the past have received many responses in support of it. Your feedback will help us as we make our decision moving forward.

Thank you again for taking time to share.

Theresa White, GM

Reviewed December 29, 2011

A girlfriend and I stayed three nights at the Holiday Inn Express in December. Our room was a nice size, clean and comfortable with a microwave and refrigerator. We used the shuttle service twice and it was nice. We also used the pool and enjoyed that, although at 2:00 p.m. the sun was behind the building and that was it for the day. The morning breakfast was nice while reading the free newspaper. The menu varied as one morning it was eggs and bacon and the next eggs and sausages or SOS etc.. and the usual items accompanying it. No complaints and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: It was a quiet week and I would imagine any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tjansen

Hello Appleton WI Visitors!
Thank you for taking time to submit a review. It looks like you had a great stay and enjoyed our services. I see that you gave us a 4 out of 5 and I would love to hear from you as to what we could do to earn a 5 from you. We are always striving to be better and I think you could help. Could you please call me at the hotel so that I can get more info? I’d appreciate your partnership in this and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you, Theresa White General Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express at Tampa fairgrounds is just 5 minutes fro the Hardrock casino. Continental breakfast and coffee was very good. Chocolate chips cookies and popcorn were a nice touch in the evening

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank albp14t
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Dear Venice Fan,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast, hopefully you got the chance to try our new pancake machine. Not only is it yummy but it's fun too.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is my go-to hotel for attending concerts at the 1-800-Ask-Gary amphitheater!!! Great prices, in walking distance to the concert (saves parking fees), next to food (Wing House restaurant), and great staff! The hotel manager, Theresa, is so friendly and their hotel policies regarding concert-goers are wonderful! We recently had a concert cancelled in Tampa and Theresa and staff were great with helping us out to make sure we didn't incur any hotel charges! Definitely definitely definitely stay here if you are attending anything at the fairgrounds or the 1-800-Ask-Gary venue!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christie B

Dear Chrisitna,

We appreciate your repeat business. It really is great for us being in this location--right across the street from the venues you mentioned AND within a 1/2 mile of the Hard Rock Casino. Were you aware we now have a complimentary shuttle to the casino? Come back again and we would love to take you over there.