“Never again!”

Catch Twenty Three - Tampa
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch Twenty Three - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 2,400 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Linebaugh Ave.
Description: Catch Twenty Three restaurant infuses its creativity with flavorful Latin and Caribbean influences served up in a casual, upscale setting. Island music is carried by cool breezes throughout the restaurant, which has the look and feel of a tropical resort dining room. Mouth watering aromas emanate from the pecan wood grill such as the Certified Fresh Seafood, Certified Angus Beef or Cuban Style Baby Back Ribs.
“Never again!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I had dinner there last night. We used to enjoy this restaurant but it seems to have gone downhill over the last couple of years. Our food was not good, the temperature of some of the food was wrong, i.e. hot dishes were cold and vice versa. Our appetizer of coconut shrimp was dried out, over-breaded and the shrimp was hard and chewy--worst I've ever had. And to top it off, I think they are over-priced.

• Visited June 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I sat outside at a high top Bistro table for dinner in the drizzling rain last Sunday afternoon. The overhang and umbrellas kept us dry and our server (can't remember her name but she also does the books for this location) was very attentive, sweet and knowledgable. She didn't mind coming out on the drizzle and suggested some menu items for us. We had the raw oysters for am appetizer which were fresh and tasty. Husband had a sliced beef appetizer that he loved, it came over greens and was grilled perfectly. I had the seafood soup that was very good and hubby liked his entree. Menu is big enough for everyone to find something they like. Very good place in Westchase
. Try it!

Orlando, Florida, USA
“Delicious seafood with nice variety”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I sat and ate at the bar top. Very nice, friendly bartenders. The grilled oysters were really good and a fair price. Good beverage selection from classic cocktails to many draft beers and a good wine selection. Nice patio but couldn't use it due to rain. I will return.

Visited May 2014
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went to dinner last evening...what's great about the restaurant is that they have a "casual" menu which is great when you don't want a traditional dinner. Our server was wonderful! She kept checking with us to make sure we were doing ok. I feel badly that her name escapes me, but we were there around 5:30 pm on a Saturday, seated promptly (before the crowd) and attended to well. We started with the Cuban Quesadilla which was great to share...it was very good. My hubby had the grouper sandwich which was more than enough for him with a side of fires and also had black beans. I had the lobster/shrimp roll and fries which also was very good. As I stated, our server was great. The real reason for this review is that I sat in our booth and watched as the "manager" (I am assuming her was the manager) walked around the restaurant seemingly aimlessly. He never had any interaction with the guests, seemed oblivious to his surroundings and just did not have that "managerial" presence. I don't know why it bothered me enough to write this review, but it did. His appearance was unkempt and he just seemed to be there because he had to. In my opinion, if you are a manager on the floor of your restaurant, you should have a least a bit of interaction with your guests...at least acknowledge there are people in your presence!!!! This is a nice place to go for anything from a drink to dinner, so give your guests a reason to come back! Take a lesson from your servers and have some personality with the people who pay your salary!

• Visited May 2014
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Great seafood, Great Service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to dinner at this yesterday a few weeks ago. This was my first time there, but a staple for my partner when he's in town. Our meals came fast and were both great! The service was friendly and fast. Really enjoyed it.

It was a Friday night and there was a cute little one man band outside. Looking at that guy just put you in a good mood!

After dinner we walked around the area. It felt safe and secure... we both enjoyed our time there start to finish. You won't be sorry!

• Visited May 2014