“Very good experianceq”

Ranked #12 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Buford, United States
“Very good experianceq”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel always has great service. They always do their very best to please. Not so sure about the smell in the room hallways?? I like this location because there are many good places to eat within walking distance. The area may not be very kid friendly depending on what your cultural tolerance level is. I find it to be great people watching. The area is very central for Tampa if you are traveling for business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Brian P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
atlanta ga
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just spent one night at the Hampton Inn Ybor City. I usually don't stay in Ybor because of prices but this time I got a good rate so I decided to give it a try. So Glad I did. I did not realize they were going thru a renovation... I assumed it was in the final stages of a Grand Opening as everything looked Brand New. The lobby, and the Common area for breakfast is Beautiful.
I was upgraded to a suite which was very nice. Everything again felt brand new. I almost wondered if I was the first to stay in this room. Hell I even wondered if I was the only one in the hotel a couple of times.
As the title says, the only reason I did not give a perfect score was the fact the construction and workers were there all afternoon and evening working.
The pool area was small, but nice. The gym was small but the equipment looked to be new or almost new and in good shape.
Good security makes you feel safe and secure in the hotel. Room keys needed to access just about any door that leads outside.
My Room was comfortable and clean and overlooked the Ybor City Trolley Station. Kinda cool.
I will definitely stay here again when I come back if the rate stays competitive. Can't wait to see what it looks like when they are done.
And they DID NOT charge the parking fee since I am a Diamond Member, for all you Road Warriors out there.
Also, recommend you go to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. Really Good !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Monroeville, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

While the entrance may be a bit confusing, you can see the hotel from 7th Avenue and the location is perfect to witness the Ybor City revelry. Check-in was super fast and the staff went above and beyond to pamper you. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went there for a surgery at Norman Parathyroid Center in TGH. Transportation was great, friendly staff, and pretty good room. Only thing I didn't like was the area in Ybor, it wasn't too family friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ybor City. First they do let you know that from July 1 to August 31, 2014 they will be doing renovations. That was fine with the group I had. The hotel was in a great location, with all of the bars, restaurants, and other stores along the block. We took the shuttle to a few stores within range of the hotel, and all was well. The hotel shuttle also took us to the Port of Tampa the next day and there were no problems there as well. I had two people on Thursday August 1, 2013 that needed a ride back to the hotel and again no problems at all. If I were taking a cruise from Tampa again I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lots of construction at the hotel. Very loud in the morning. Machines woke us by 7:00am pounding and loud machinery. We Waited over an hour for our shuttle back to the hotel from our cruise. Others tried to take the shuttle and push us away. Needs to have a better system. Rooms clean, staff friendly. Breakfast yummy

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Brandon, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel undergoing renovation so a bit rough around the edges at this point. However, renovated areas very nice. I was the first occupant in my room. Very comfortable bed and nice furnishings. Walking distance less than 5 mins to all the Ybor sites and attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends