1,492 results
All reviews great location night life trolley line columbia restaurant free shuttle within walking distance bars and restaurants complimentary breakfast cruise terminal room key parking fee shuttle service front desk staff mile radius clean rooms amalie arena pre cruise
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was in the middle of renovating both some of the floors and the main lobby/breakfast area, but they appear to have made every last effort to make up for it, and to minimize any impact that it had on its guests. We stayed on an already-renovated floor, and the renovations were impressive. A few other highlights: -breakfast was fantastic as always -Yuval (and all other front desk staff) were extremely helpful. Yuval even allowed me to print out some documents for a presentation that I had, saving me the trouble of finding a local print shop. -complimentary shuttle made our stay that much more convenient, saving us fares for multiple cab rides -security was top notch, as that might be of some concern given the rowdiness of Ybor City. Only downside: parking was $8/day in their garage.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I came to Tampa because I needed to have an outpatient surgery at the Tampa General Hospital. I am glad I choose this hotel. First, the hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a three mile radius. The shutlle was able to take me and pick me up from the hosptial after my proceudure. It was a wonderful relief (for my family and I) not to have to fight trafiic and parking spaces at the Hospital. The hotel itself is in the Ybor City section of town- think of it like a Cuban New Orleans. Tons of resturants within walking distnaces and nightlife\bars. I really liked the cobble stone streets in the downtown part. The beds were so comfy, plenty of space in the bathroom, and of course, a great breakfast spread!! All the staff that we came in contact with were so helpful. This hotel does have a laundry faciltiy as well. During our stay, there was a renovation of the breakfast area- but we had no complications with noise\paint smells, etc. Once you check in and park your car- you don't need to move the car. Everything is within walking distance\or take the free shuttle.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

With the renovations the hotel is not safe. The one door is held open by a rock. Anyone from the street can come in...and did. The breakfast is not the best. The food seemed stale and when it runs out it is hard to get refills!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel is a little gem especially if you are going on a cruise. Very friendly service, small but well maintained pool, free shuttle to ships. The rooms are nicely done and very clean. It is at one end of Ybor City, but still a nice walk to the restaurants and clubs. One note: Ybor City nitelife is a little to the wild side, so if you are easily offended, this may not fit your plans.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank dancersdad
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We wanted to break up our drive to our vacation in Sanibel Island by visiting historic Ybor City and dining at the Columbia restaurant. We chose this hotel because of the value and our satisfaction with other Hampton hotels. We were not disappointed. Every staff member we met from the desk clerks to the maids were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and nice. We really enjoyed the fact that the hotel offers free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. This allowed us to enjoy the sights of Ybor City without having to use our car and worry about parking. We did not encounter any of the problems mentioned in some of the other reviews. Area was safe for walking and hotel is close to everything in Ybor..... really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: June 2013