“Pleasantly enjoyable”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We arrived and was impressed by Brittany who checked us in. She was warm, genuine and had her full attention on us. I am leary of older hotels in older cities and expected a tired run down place. Not so! We loved the room, (King bed suite with whirlpool) and every thing every where was very clean. We met a couple who were staying prior to going on a cruise. They told us they always stay at this Hampton when they cruise because of the service. We experienced the same~ every employee we encountered was very friendly and accomodating. The management should be very proud of their staff! My only complaint: Christmas is over, so replace the arrangement in the front lobby! Lol!

Room Tip: King suite with whirlpool!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed a night as a place to crash after a concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. We thought it would be nice to enjoy Ybor City post-concert, rather than staying at the hotels at Channelside. If you are not familiar with Ybor City, it does make some uncomfortable with the appearance of a "bad neighborhood." I've been many times and never had a problem. There is a lot of interesting history here and great nightlife.

The Hampton is clean, staff very friendly, and the breakfast was rather good for a budget motel. Our room, a King suite, was quite large, with two huge windows overlooking the trolly station. The room had a mini-kitchen area, a microwave and refrigerator. The only issue we had, which was minor, was a full parking lot upon our late return from the concert. The hotel was full, and there just were not enough parking spaces. There is plenty of street parking in the area, so no worries - just don't leave valuables in the car. Parking fee for this hotel is $8 - more than reasonable for the area. If you are attending a concert or sports event at the Forum, you do need to drive - it's too far to walk. The nightlife of Ybor City is walking distance however.

Room Tip: Our room 306 had two oversized windows making it very bright and enjoyable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Coming to FL for a cruise with 2,000 close friends (Buckeye Cruise for Cancer) my husband & I came to town 2 days early. We decided to stay close to the Port of Tampa and have never had time to experience YBor City. After researching, yes using Tripadvisor, we settled on the Hampton Inn & Suites/YBor City/Downtown. We we first saw it we were concerned, the location and key carded locked doors surprised us..After checking in, saw the room and headed up town all our concerned quickly vanished. The area has a feel I'm sure of what Cuba would if they had a tourism area we could visit. The shops, people and food was very inviting and fun. When we returned to the hotel, it was very clean, quite, nice workout room, clean pool area and "Miss KIm" at the breakfast area was a treat! We would stay there again any time...

Room Tip: Close to the elevators is the ice machine, otherwise it's a long walk, but it's excersize..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MissKim74
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This will be the only hotel I'll consider for my next trip to Tampa's Ybor City. My check in was fast and friendly. My room was very clean and parking was plentiful. If you read my hotel review's, you'll see that I'm very picky, but fair. I chose this hotel because I planned on hitting the bars and wanted to be in the middle of everything without having to drive. I couldn't have picked a better hotel. In the afternoons I drove 35 minutes to Clearwater Beach. In the evenings I walked to great restaurants and then drank at friendly an fun bars. I didn't eat the breakfast at this this hotel because I was out too late. If I did go, breakfast would have been free. I enjoyed talking to the front desk staff. They were very helping with driving directions and recommendations about area attractions. Housekeeping was very thorough. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you plan on hitting the bars and want to be in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor so I don't have to hear street noise. If you get a room facing the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have never been to Tampa and were looking for a hotel close to the Times Forum so we could go to an NHL game. I picked the this Hampton Inn because of it's name and the location. The shuttle was perfect and the room, hotel, and service lived up to the usual, PERFECT. We/I enjoy Hampton Inns because they think of everything for the traveller. This site had ample parking, including a covered garage, clean spacious rooms, and a good breakfast for people on tight schedules. The next time we are in Tampa, this Hampton Inn will be our home base.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel was up to standards of other Hamptons, except for the hot food provided with breakfast(sausage,eggs,home fries) which were horrible,bordering on inedible. Definately not of the quality of the numerous other Hampton Inns in which I have stayed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Every staff member I encountered during my 3 day stay were great. Very friendly and helpful. The hotel needs a refresh in the common areas and rooms. I had problems with the air-con in my room and was moved to a new room the next day. Super comfortable beds.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear AussieInDallas,

Thank you so much for the nice comments regarding our staff! I would like to personally follow up on your A/C issues. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can get some further information.

We would forward to seeing you again in Ybor City!

Stephen Nunez