“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Naples, Florida
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights and really enjoyed our stay. It's a great location, with a lot of restaurants within walking distance. Ybor city is not somewhere I would really want to be outside walking at night, but the hotel itself felt very safe and secure. Parking was a bit of a problem, they charge something like $8 for parking, which is really not outrageous, but when we came back the second night there were no spots in the garage. We were told we could park across the street in a $5 lot..I was not to pleased about this idea since I was already paying the hotel for parking, and this other lots did not look secure. The guy working Night Audit was able to find me a spot in the garage, that wasn't really a spot, so I appreciated him going out of his way to help me..just be warned that if it's a busy time there, you may not be able to park in the garage!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recently, my work team and I had the opportunity to stay at the Hampton Inn at Ybor City, downtown Tampa, Florida. We were unfamiliar with the area and the staff at the hotel were fabulous about giving us directions, providing transportation resources, recommending great places to eat. They were incredibly accomodating of us. The hotel was clean, in great working order, the rooms were spacious and comfortable. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Hotel is in a great location. Stayed before a cruise and used the opportunity to check out the night life in Ybor City. Walked 7th avenue to the Columbia restaurant, little touristy, but fun anyway. When I checked out I accidentally left my dress shoes behind and did not notice until we arrived on the cruise ship. I called the Hampton Inn and they found them and arranged for the shuttle to deliver them to me on the boat. Since these were the only dress shoes I brought, and they contain custom orthotics their extra effort really saved the cruise for me. Thanks again Hampton Inn!!!

Room Tip: Had room 400, it was a corner room with great views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on business for 12 days, which is a long enough stay to be able to judge the hotel. It's very well situated, easy to find, good rooms, helpful staff, really useful shuttle service, and safe.

First of all, the hotel is easy to find, so if you are not used to the city and decided to do your own driving it's VERY EASY to find even if you got completely lost. Just follow the Ybor signs and then 7th is the main street there.

The location is excellent since it has a lot of diners, clubs, fast food placed and restaurants around, and Ybor city is a really nice historic part of Tampa. Make sure to visit Tampa Bay Brewery Company, it's less than half a mile walk and it has amazing food and drinks. On the weekends the area gets crazy with clubs etc so if you're into nightlife you'll enjoy it there.

The shuttle service is excellent, 8 am to 10 pm everyday, 3 miles radius. Can generally go to most places of interest around you. The drivers are very nice and helpful.

I'm not a pool person, I prefer open waters, but the pool looks clean, and is usually empty. As well as the small fitness center. So if you decided to use them, you'll really feel they're yours alone.

Rooms are good, microwave is a huge plus, and the bed is super comfy... I am a 6 hours sleeper person, and somehow in this hotel I used to sleep 8 to 9 hours a day, something that I never ever do!

With regards to front desk, all of them are really helpful and nice, some of them NEVER smile in your face, no matter how you smile they just never greet you or smile back at you and it's always the poker face... I don't mind that as long as they do their job in a professional way, which they do. Some others are super nice and friendly, making you feel at home. If the management are reading this, I tried to remember 3 names from the front desk that were especially very friendly, helpful and professional, but unfortunately I only remember 2 which are Bonny and Tiffany.

The only thing I didn't like much was room cleaning, all what was done was changing towels and making bed... no changing sheets, no real cleaning for the room floor or the toilet. Just toilet paper, towels and making bed. I didn't like that much. I requested the bed sheets to be changed once and they did change them. But the following days I didn't ask, and they were not changed.

Also, the breakfast is VERY basic, everyday it's the same 3 or 4 option. I don't mind few selections I only mind having to eat the same breakfast over and over again for 12 days, I skipped it sometimes because of that.

Overall it's a really good hotel, I will stay there again next week since I have more business to do in Tampa. It really exceeded my expectations and I really felt comfortable and at home.

Room Tip: The King bed room with sofa is the best space and comfort.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Waleed_Essam
FL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked this hotel because it offered a stay and cruise package including breakfast, with parking during the cruise, and shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. We had a little difficulty finding the entrance because its location is in the historic district of Ybor City which limits signage for businesses. We called the front desk to ask where the entrance was and were told it was on 6th Ave and to turn right at the first driveway. That took us to the second deck above their parking garage, and we pulled right up to the front door where we could check in. It was different, but definitely don't let that stop you from booking this lovely hotel! The staff was accommodating, veryhelpful and friendly! Michael was the host who greeted us and checked us in - and brought out delicious chocolate chip cookies for us - YUM! After we checked in we moved the car to the lower deck of the garage where we left it while we were on our cruise. We had an immaculate and nice, spacious room - the bed was so comfy! Breakfast was very good and the hospitality mgr came to each table to be sure everything was to our liking. There was a good selection of hot and cold items to choose from including fresh fruit. There was plenty of seating for everyone and it was a spacious gathering room. We reserved the hotel's shuttle that took us to the pier at the requested time. After the cruise we called for shuttle pick-up. There was a longer wait to be picked up, so allow extra time after the cruise as the shuttle only holds about 10 people or so with all the luggage. We had a group of about 20 people and the hotel staff handled everything very nicely. The staff was exceptional. The General Manager, Stephen Nunez, came out to greet us and made us feel at home. I would definitely stay here again, and next time arrive early to take advantage of the great location in the historic district - it is RIGHT THERE! And did I mention that it is reasonably priced?

Room Tip: Be aware of the unusual entrance. When you arrive by 7th Avenue, you have to go around to 6th Avenu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travltnk
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Enjoyed this hotel so much. Came to town for a rock show at The Ritz (Metric!!!, and looked for a place close by. I had no idea how close. The Hampton is walking distance from all the funky excitement of old Ybor City. Dive bars, dance clubs, drag divas, great restaurants, vintage clothing shops, "novelty items," abound. Cultural center and museum in the same area. History and contemporary funk collide. Music and Cuban cooking fill the air. And there's the Hampton, just off the path. Safe parking, lovely rooms and a fantastic breakfast. A fantastic place to stay in Tampa whether for a quiet night or a rock party. Loved it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amy H
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one nistays or a wedding. The location is good being in ybor. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around. However, as with any city keep an eye out and your purse tucked tight. There are quite a few panhandlers in the area...I gave one a granola bar as he claimed to be hungry. Yeah, he wasn't hungry.

The rooms were clean and the beds are comfy. You get a small fridge and microwave in the room. Standard room for the star rating.

The check in was messed up. They booked the bride and groom in rooms that were already occupied by some of their wedding guests (the bride was NOT happy) but they fixed it. And they have her maid of honor a huge room compared to the suite she reserved (she needed room to have all the girls get ready). They ended up switching her in the day of the wedding.

You get a free breakfast. The lady that tends to the breakfast bar is very nice. Just steer clear of the terrible eggs. Stick to the waffle or the cereal and milk.

Overall it was a good enough place to stay for one night and with the exception of the check in and icky eggs.

• Stayed September 2012