“Everything was Spectacular”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed there for a night before our cruise. Upon check in the front desk person Ebony was great and curteous, she pointed us to great restaurants and activities to do for the day, being that we arrived early. The breakfast ladies were also helpful and friendly, even though the food not so great but they do offer a variety, something I like about the Hampton Inns. The hotel provided us a shuttle to and from the cruise terminal, and I must say they are curteous and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family members and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank winstma2007
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for your review! We are proud of our staff and the way they consistently provide the Hampton hospitality we have come to be known for. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in Ybor City!

Stephen Nunez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been to Tampa several times for business and this was the first time I stayed in Ybor City at the Hampton Inn. I was there for a total of 10 nights, and overall my experience is positive. There were, however, drawbacks. The walls are paper thin- I could hear everything (and I mean everything) my neighbors were doing/saying. The hotel is located in a party district, so expect late night party goers to come back and wake you up. Not to mention you're right by the Amtrak rails- which honks their horns starting at 8:00am (even on weekends). If you go one block West make sure you are not alone- it is NOT SAFE. The restaurants around are fairly good, but overrated in my eyes (there are plenty of other great places to eat within close driving distance). The staff is overall friendly and helpful, but as I stayed 10 days, my sheets were not changed once- as they said they change their bedding every 4 days of your stay. If you're looking for a hotel in a fun, young area and don't care about noise pollution this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms South are off of the street, but closer to the railroad.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on our hotel. We do have a process in place to make sure guest linen is changed according to guest needs and/or at a minimum of every 3 days. Obviously we did not do this during your stay and I deeply apologize for that. We will follow up as necessary to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Ybor City is in a very vibrant and active community. Although we are a few blocks from the nightlife there are times when the whole Ybor City area is buzzing with excitement. I was sorry to hear that a train horn disrupted your stay. As our local station does not open until 815AM I am guessing Amtrak either had a special train coming through or that they were working on the tracks. I can certainly appreciate how this must have interrupted your rest and comfort.

We look forward to being able to accommodate you in the future! Perhaps we can recommend some Ybor City restaurants from among the many we have here that will be more to your liking. I would be happy to do so personally on your next visit to Ybor City.

Stephen Nunez

Reviewed January 18, 2012

we stayed here for a night before our crusie in August. It was a fine hotel, nothing fancy. The breakfast was nice and the shuttle to the cruise terminal was a big reason we stayed. I think it was a little overpriced for what you get, the rooms weren't anything special at all, but overall it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was very accommodating in switching my room when i requested it. Parking ($8 per day) is convenient. The location is awesome as you're at the entrance to Ybor City. Although the area is very crowded on weekends, security/access to the hotel is excellent. But be warned, the front desk can only be reached directly from the parking lot; very strange design. And again...the staff is awesome!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Caribbeat
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed for a night before and after our cruise as Hampton Inn provided a complementary shuttle service to and from the cruise port. We thought Ybor City would provide us with a place to explore on foot as we did not have a car and we were right. Hampton also offers a free shuttle down to Channelside which we wanted to see. When we arrived back at the Hampton after the cruise it was too early for check-in but we were offered an upgrade of a king suite instead of our queen double which we took. The king suite was terrific. Clean property and nice people.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tlynn63
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Good location. Rooms are average - a bit dated. Internet is free. Breakfast was good - nice selection of eggs, waffles, cereal, muffins, etc. Parking is an additional $8/day.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank phillyvisitor
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We live in the area and won a weekend stay at this property due to a silent auction. I highly recommend this hotel.

Ybor can be loud and crazy at night. I was concerned that maybe the hotel would be noisy. That is definitely not the case. This property is clean, nice, and quiet.

All of the hotel staff deserves to be recognized. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. When they learned where we would be dining (it's just an ok place but we had free entrees and part of the silent auction package) the gentleman suggested another restaurant for us. He did not slam the restaurant we were going to, he just very politely offered an alternative. I thanked him for his concern and customer service.

The woman that works the breakfast dining area was outstanding. She kept the area very clean and offered to deliver waffles after she cooked them. She was pleasant and a hard worker.

Our room was perfect. It was clean and well appointed.

Definitely stay here. It is a great value in a great location with exemplary service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple