Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$142
Travelocity
1,366 results
All reviewsadam perrym msfront desksales managertampa westshoreshuttle servicebreakfast buffetcruise packageclose to the airportcruise terminalwould stay here againhotel restaurantthe hotel is cleanparking garagegreat customer servicehotel shuttlebusiness trip
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I spent six nights here while on business in Tampa. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good either. On the plus side, the check-in was fast and efficient. The lobby area was big, clean, and well-decorated. One night they offered free beer and wings for happy hour. My room was clean. The room air-conditioning was very responsive and quickly made the room comfortable. My bed was great. The fitness room and pool were well appointed and maintained.

That said, the hotel feels kind of old and tired. It may not need a big rehab yet, but is close. The hall carpets were stained. The hall air conditioning buffetted my end of the corridor with a 60-degree wind, while it was 70 degrees over by the elevators. One of the elevators appeared to have been shut off, resting at the first floor my entire stay. This annoyed me because, though on the second floor, I had to use the elevators to go everywhere - the stairs only led to alarmed outside fire doors on the first floor. To get to the pool and fitness room one had to go to the second floor, take the fire stairs back down to the first floor, and make your way around 7 or 8 turns in a corridor of locked service doors (did their last remodel employ a crazy architect?). The ice machine on my floor was not working, so I tramped up the fire stairs to another floor for that errand. The towels were a bit thin. My bathroom sink stopper was broken. When I checked in one of the lamps had no light bulb in it. PBS was listed on their TV card, but was not on their cable.

And number one of the top ten: they don't have wireless Internet available in the rooms. I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the neighborhood before, which was recenlty remodeled and is excellent all around. I suggest you give it a look.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your check-in, happy hour and fitness center experiences. However, I apologize that we did not achieve the same level of satisfaction with the other aspects of your stay. I appreciate your detailed feedback as it will enable us to pinpoint areas for improvement. I understand that you must have been very frustrated with the constant use of stairwells in the absence of one of our elevators. Please know that the issue with the elevator has already been addressed and is not commonplace in our hotel. Again, I appreciate your helpful feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

After reading TA Reviews decided to give Wyndham a try . Upon arrival the front desk clerk advised me I was 3 minutes early! Not hello but your early. After I suggested he search for another room (which seemed to be a bother ) he checked us in. Upon arriving on the 11th floor noticed the hallway carpets are stained & dirty although the room appeared clean.
Decided to give the resturant a try. Gum chewing waitress in blue jeans took our order.
I decided on just a hamburg & salad cooked well done. After waiting a good 30 minutes the food arrived , the burg was raw , forget that idea.
Decided to venture outside, probably not one the best areas of Tampa ,especially the next block north of the hotel. Point proven in the morning cars in the parking lot were broken into.
Checke out early & off to the Marriott Waterside. Next time go with what I know the Marriott or Hilton properties.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I went to Tampa for my first time but it was far from my first time traveling. Once you get past the funny mustard color of the outside you get into the the nice lobby, where theres always free m&m's at the desk, a FULL bar, a restraunt that rivals the cheesecake factory, AND they throw little parties every night- serving FREE DRINKS (yes the alcoholic kind) and some small but yummy snack like nachos or cheese and crackers. yup right there in the lobby. The best thing about this hotel was the service, my boyfriend and I had this one waiter who we actually miss. He was friendly and profeshonal and he always had a smile. We ended up giving him an extra big tip before we left because he was so awesome. He wasn't the only one with a smile either. everyone from the free shuttle drivers (free as often as you want to and from the hotel within 3 miles), to the house keepers who I harassed for extra coffee creamer. I truly had a great stay. Plus I was worried about the location because having never been to tampa I just choose, reasonably blindly. But despite the fact that you are a ways away from busch gardens of tampa, you are near everything else. downtown and ybor are a short cab ride away or you can do what we did. grab a $3.75 (all day) bus pass- avalable on the buses that pick you up right in front of the hotel and snag a ride downtown, to busch gardens, to st. petersburg, to wherever for just a few bucks. Then when you get too drunk one night in Ybor and need a little recovery time take it in the hotels hot tub or heated pool. Its open till 10pm, but if you don't cause a ruckus they won't ask you to get out.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

Thank you for your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to hear of your fun-filled trip to Tampa. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again during your future trips to Tampa.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

There was really nothing bad about this hotel, but I guess I just expected more. The front desk staff was very nice and got us checked in quickly. The room was clean and comfortable, but had no wifi or wired internet (even though there was an ethernet jack and cable in the room). There was no booklet of hotel services (which I would have used for info about internet). The shower head was only at about 5'10", which doesn't help us taller folks. Nothing the staff can do about that of course.

I'll never pay $15 for a buffet breakfast (though that's many hotels, not just this one), but their dinner menu was very good (try the Cuban sandwich) and reasonably priced (less than breakfast).

We didn't use the pool, but it was quite busy when we peeked in to check it out.

I can't not not recommend this hotel...because it wasn't at all a bad experience. Just I'm sure there's something better in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smokeybandit
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback will assist us in improving our service and is greatly appreciated. I apologize that you were not made aware of our wired high-speed internet service, which is available in each of our hotel rooms. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dinner in our restaurant. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Tampa.

Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband and I travel to Tampa about once a month. For the past three months, we have stayed at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. We stumbled upon this hotel as part of a travelocity package and it was a great deal. Now, we book the Wyndham because we love the hotel and most importantly the service. We are always picked up quickly from the airport in their complimentary shuttle, greeted at the desk with smiles, and checked in effieciently -- and usually before the 3:00 check-in time. The rooms are spacious with an incredibly comfortable bed and plenty of pillows for "propping" and watching television.
Other reviews have mentioned the lack of wi-fi in the rooms. This is true, but there is high-speed ethernet available and with the large desk and cushioned desk chair, I spend plenty of time working on the computer or just playing games. I even found out on our most recent stay that with our Wyndham Rewards membership, the internet is free. And though I had paid for the service, the front desk clerk removed the charge when I completed my membership card.
I must say that my husband and I are not the type to take advantage of a lot of things the hotel or Tampa has to offer. We make a few visits to family (in a care facility) and spend a lot of time in our room -- relaxing and watching television. Boring? Maybe, but an incredible stress relief from our real world. That being said, we can't comment on the pool or fitness center -- though I'm sure they're wonderful. From what we do experience, the amenities are wonderful -- from the Bath and Body Works brand bath products, to the restaurant with wonderful food that even comes right to your door, to the shuttle that takes you wherever you want to go within three miles (which includes a lot!). There is a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. If I have one negative -- or maybe wish would be more fitting -- I would love to have a microwave as well -- to warm up the leftovers from the large portions that we can't finish in one sitting. However, that is far from important enough for us to look elsewhere for accommodations.
In this long, rambling review, I have saved the best for last. In our opinion, the best part of the Wyndham Tampa Westshore is the people that work there. Everyone we have encountered has been friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. I felt we were welcome and it has become our home away from home.

We will definitely be back! Our next room is already reserved....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank keyslisa
ilarson, Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

Thank you for your complimentary review regarding your previous stays at our property. Your feedback is very important to us and I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your many visits. We look forward to welcoming you home again during your next stay.