1,436 results
All reviews front desk cruise package shuttle service breakfast buffet would stay here again cruise terminal parking garage free shuttle fitness center tampa airport lobby ihg jerry conference
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is just a few minutes from the Tampa airport. Shuttle service is provided by the hotel. It was clean and in time. The AC in our room was loud and didn’t cool as well as we had hoped. The bed was comfortable with nice linens and the room was clean. Other guests were kinda loud Friday night making it difficult to sleep.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2019

I have stayed at many Holiday Inns all around the US and World, this is by far the worst holiday inn I've been to. Firstly the customer service rep at the front during check-in should not be in the service industry especially if he has to deal with customers on a daily basis. Not only was his personality lack luster he was rude and set a bad tone for the stay. After entering the small decrepit room, i decided to take a bath as soon as I turned on the water the strongest smell of sulfur filled the room, it almost made me throw up. The breakfast is terrible, powered eggs, crappy hash browns, and garbage bacon. And the breakfast costs $16.30, I am curious what I am paying for as the customer service and the room suck. I tried to order room service at 9pm through the room phone, called 4 times and no one picked up even know they are open from 11-11. Would not expect that kind of service from a big name like Holiday inn. Decided to go downstairs to the restaurant, which i sat there for 25 minutes and no one came by to take my order or give me a menu, went up to the bar to ask for service and was ignored. So we decided to talk across the street to a 24h subway. This is by far the worse experience I've had at a holiday inn and any other hotel, I will not choose to stay at holiday inns in the future which is unfortunate because I travel monthly.

Room tip: stay at another hotel
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Hello Onlyworth m,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore - Airport Area, FL. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with customer service, shower experience, breakfast selection and room service. I understand how frustrating that can be and I'm sorry we failed you this time. I have shared your comment to the hotel's management for review and for service improvement. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa Westshore.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in early April on a planned overnight layover in Tampa. Robert, at the front desk, was very helpful in suggesting a wonderful nearby restaurant for dinner. The hotel was clean, updated, and surprisingly quiet for its convenient location near TPA. There’s a nice mall, a movie theater, and a wide selection of restaurants within a safe, easy walking distance. So, when we flew back in to TPA on Fri. of Easter weekend and found our connecting flight had been canceled and the first available flight would be Sunday, we knew exactly where we were heading! Robert made spending my birthday and Easter in a hotel a pleasant experience, he even sang me a wonderful birthday song!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Overall, I had a good stay here. I arrived at the airport at 11:30pm and called the hotel for pick up. The driver arrived at the airport within 10 minutes. He was friendly and quickly brought me to the hotel. My room key was ready upon arrival and I received a room on the top floor. The front desk agent said that it was an upgrade but I'm not sure what was special about the room. My room was clean and everything worked as expected. The front desk agent also arranged a shuttle to take me to the cruise port at 11:30am. The cost was $10 and I paid the shuttle company directly in cash. The shuttle company also agreed to take me back to the hotel after the cruise for $10. Breakfast is $14.95 per person plus tax and gratuity. It seemed a bit high for the selection.

I had one major issue at this hotel: WiFi. Unfortunately, the WiFi did not work for the entire duration of my stay. It would not allow me to login and kept saying try again later. There were several meetings going on at the hotel during my stay. Therefore, I am convinced the network was simply overloaded. I mentioned my issue to the woman at the front desk and she told me to try the desktop computers in the lobby. Unfortunately, the computers in the lobby were filled with viruses and popups. This made them unusable as well. I would only stay at this hotel again if the WiFi worked!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn after our honeymoon cruise. Everyone was very nice from the beggining, very clean rooms and nice amenities. Jasmine at the front desk made our stay extra special with her exceptional customer service and by going above and beyond to ensure that we had a great room & enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple