1,436 results
All reviews front desk cruise package shuttle service breakfast buffet would stay here again cruise terminal parking garage free shuttle fitness center tampa airport lobby ihg jerry conference
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2019

I have stayed at many Holiday Inns all around the US and World, this is by far the worst holiday inn I've been to. Firstly the customer service rep at the front during check-in should not be in the service industry especially if he has to deal with customers on a daily basis. Not only was his personality lack luster he was rude and set a bad tone for the stay. After entering the small decrepit room, i decided to take a bath as soon as I turned on the water the strongest smell of sulfur filled the room, it almost made me throw up. The breakfast is terrible, powered eggs, crappy hash browns, and garbage bacon. And the breakfast costs $16.30, I am curious what I am paying for as the customer service and the room suck. I tried to order room service at 9pm through the room phone, called 4 times and no one picked up even know they are open from 11-11. Would not expect that kind of service from a big name like Holiday inn. Decided to go downstairs to the restaurant, which i sat there for 25 minutes and no one came by to take my order or give me a menu, went up to the bar to ask for service and was ignored. So we decided to talk across the street to a 24h subway. This is by far the worse experience I've had at a holiday inn and any other hotel, I will not choose to stay at holiday inns in the future which is unfortunate because I travel monthly.

Room tip: stay at another hotel
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Hello Onlyworth m,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore - Airport Area, FL. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with customer service, shower experience, breakfast selection and room service. I understand how frustrating that can be and I'm sorry we failed you this time. I have shared your comment to the hotel's management for review and for service improvement. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa Westshore.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in early April on a planned overnight layover in Tampa. Robert, at the front desk, was very helpful in suggesting a wonderful nearby restaurant for dinner. The hotel was clean, updated, and surprisingly quiet for its convenient location near TPA. There’s a nice mall, a movie theater, and a wide selection of restaurants within a safe, easy walking distance. So, when we flew back in to TPA on Fri. of Easter weekend and found our connecting flight had been canceled and the first available flight would be Sunday, we knew exactly where we were heading! Robert made spending my birthday and Easter in a hotel a pleasant experience, he even sang me a wonderful birthday song!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Overall, I had a good stay here. I arrived at the airport at 11:30pm and called the hotel for pick up. The driver arrived at the airport within 10 minutes. He was friendly and quickly brought me to the hotel. My room key was ready upon arrival and I received a room on the top floor. The front desk agent said that it was an upgrade but I'm not sure what was special about the room. My room was clean and everything worked as expected. The front desk agent also arranged a shuttle to take me to the cruise port at 11:30am. The cost was $10 and I paid the shuttle company directly in cash. The shuttle company also agreed to take me back to the hotel after the cruise for $10. Breakfast is $14.95 per person plus tax and gratuity. It seemed a bit high for the selection.

I had one major issue at this hotel: WiFi. Unfortunately, the WiFi did not work for the entire duration of my stay. It would not allow me to login and kept saying try again later. There were several meetings going on at the hotel during my stay. Therefore, I am convinced the network was simply overloaded. I mentioned my issue to the woman at the front desk and she told me to try the desktop computers in the lobby. Unfortunately, the computers in the lobby were filled with viruses and popups. This made them unusable as well. I would only stay at this hotel again if the WiFi worked!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn after our honeymoon cruise. Everyone was very nice from the beggining, very clean rooms and nice amenities. Jasmine at the front desk made our stay extra special with her exceptional customer service and by going above and beyond to ensure that we had a great room & enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2019

I was given a room on the 10th floor. It was the last room on the right. I went up to discover the room smelled like cemicals so bad i could barley breath. I called the front desk to ask for another room, she informed me that all the rooms smell that way and there was nothing she could do. I hung up and thought of going to another hotel, it was that bad.so, I went down to the front desk to ask for another room, in the elevator i asked several people if their room had a strong oder, they said no. So i go to the counter and spoke to the lady, informed her that I had asked other patrons if their room smelled like cemicals and they said no. So, she gave me a key to another room at this time another guy comes in and starts YELLING into a walkitalki that I wanted another room and to go up and clean it. YELLING. the people next to me were looking at me like what is happening right now. HE was publicly shaming me for wanting another room. I recieved the key and got out of there. I was Embarraced and humiliated. I went to get my items out of the first room. In the new room the smell was not as noticeable i just wanted to hide at this point. The next morning I get up to shower, it took 15 min for hot water, then it was so hot it scalded me. I turned it all the way to cold and it stayed HOT. the bath tub did not drain and the water was murky. I took pictures. After the shower I realized I had left my blow-dryer in the other room, I called the front desk and asked him if he could get it, he said that he would have someone come up with a key to the other room, but if someone was in it I could not have my blow-dryer. I am already frustrated from the night before. I told him I would go knock on the door and get it. At this point he started yelling at me that he would call the police and I would go to jail!! I was shaking when I got off the phone what a nightmare!This stay was the worst I have ever had. I do not recomen, and for the money, I could have went to a motel and got better service and room. so disapionting. and scary..

Room tip: dont get one
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Hello savey272017,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore - Airport Area.

We appreciate your feedback as this will be our source in improving the service we provide to our valuable guests like you. We wanted you to experience genuine hospitality and provide dependable value and we failed here. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the service you received from our staff. This is not how the service we are known for. Rest assured that this issue will be looked into. I am also alerting our Housekeeping and Maintenance team to check on the unusual smell you are referring to and to check the shower temperature. I am also sending you a private message to gather more information.

We all hope to have an opportunity to host you again.

Safe travels,