Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,359 results
All reviewsadam perrym msfront desksales managertampa westshoreshuttle servicebreakfast buffetcruise packageclose to the airportcruise terminalwould stay here againhotel restaurantthe hotel is cleanparking garagegreat customer servicehotel shuttlebusiness trip
FilterAll languages

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We travel to Tampa for Buccaneers football and have stayed at a variety of places. This one was by far our best experience yet. The price was very reasonable, it was close to the airport and the stadium, and an easy drive to stores and restaurants. It also has a pool open year round (Great when you are from Pennsylvania and visiting Florida in November!). The staff was friendly and attentive, the room clean and nice. Overall a great place for our headquarters while we explored the city and enjoyed the football game! Definitely a place we would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room was average, however I did not sleep well at all, the pillows are too small and the bed was too hard. Additionally, there was no hot water for a shower in the morning and no cream for the coffee. Also, there was an extra charge from the restaurant that was not mine. The value of my stay was good because the room was inexpensive - which is very important to my travels given my budget for my non-profit business, making the other less pleasant experiences not quite as important to me personally. The staff was wonderful, welcoming and attentive.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore for a business trip. It was a nightmare from the start. The first nite I got there around 10:30 pm and got my room. The deadbolt did not work nor the TV. They sent up the security person and then said they would move me. My new cards to a room down the hall did not work. Hence another trip to the lobby. I then got my card reset and went to my room and it was now 11:30 going on midnite.
Next day I worked all day, got back at 8:00 and guess what? My card did not work again! My coworker and I went down to the lobby again and their I was told I was not registered at all and that they had checked a pilot into my room and he found my stuff and then they entered my room. They did not clean it or replace the soaps or linens, just were confused on who I was. I was not apologized to but instead they redid my cards to my room and asked if I wanted to move again... NO!!! The person at the desk could not get me checked into this room and had to get another staff member to help him. 2 nites of I cannot go to my room and relax. Finally, went back to my room and that is when i realized they had not given me new towels or soaps so my coworker went and got me some from her room so i would not have to go to the lobby again. I had asked for a manager and was told they would be in by 7:30 in the morning when I was leaving for my work there. I felt so uncomfortable that people had been in my room and unsure if they actually checked me into this room I had my husband call the hotel and ask to ring my room to make sure.
Got up and went down the next day and the manager was not on yet. The girl at the front desk apologized and I told her she was the first one to say I am sorry. I came back after work that day and asked for the manager, her name is Sara Mccurdy. Sara came out and before I could talk told me she was aware of the mixup and it was a computer glitch and then said there was only hotel staff in my room. OK, now I'm getting lied to as why would hotel staff just go to my room? She did not seem sorry at all and offered me drink tickets for 2 nites of inconvenience. Wow! She said what would I like and I said you can comp my room. she said she could not as my company paid for it and walked away. She was the most rude person and acted like I was taking up her time. The person at the desk appeared to feel bad as once she shut the door behind her he offered that the shuttle would take me anywhere. I have never been treated soooo poorly. A simple I'm sorry in the beginning would have helped along with a simple can we buy your breakfast or anything. But by forgetting our manners of a simple I'm sorry what can I do for you would have went a long way.
Well I went back to my office and told our corporate travel person who called headquarters and we did get my room comped. Jerry Sals from corporate also called me and apologized and at least he sounded sincere and said he would use it as a training experience for Sara Mccurdy. But alas I am still the one who was inconvenienced and he did not do much for me. Can I tell you a simple gift card or starbucks card would again have gone a long way. Well, needless to say I will never stay at this hotel again. Your customer service is severely lacking! My business trip was 2 late nites and unease of being a woman traveler who had people in her room and a lack of service or apologies. Never again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the numerous issues you experienced regarding your room key, access to your guestroom and your interactions with our staff when reporting these issues. We certainly strive for a much higher level of service for all of our guests and I apologize that we clearly did not achieve that during your stay. Please know that I have addressed your specific comments with our staff to correct the issues you experienced and provide additional training. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.