“Restaurant too noisy”

Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
SCHAUMBURG
“Restaurant too noisy”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Some things very good, and some things in need of change. During the manager's hospitality time the restaurant sounds like a bunch of kids in a playground, yelling at one another. PLEASE!!! do something about this. One evening we waited for 15 minutes at a table with no waiter or waitress even approaching us. We then moved to another table and a waitress came over immediately. Seems the waiter whose table we were originally at was busy helping to put away the tables, etc from the manager's reception. Why wasn't someone covering his table?? The kitchen must be a long walk from the dining room, as it took a long time for our food to be served after ordering same. The hotel appears to have only one soup spoon available, and that one is hard to find. (No kidding, One waiter told us that by the time he found the spoon the soup would either be cold, or eaten) One day we were gone from the room for 5 hours and when we came back our room had not been cleaned. We talked to the maid who was cleaning another room and was advised our room wasn't on the "list" to be cleaned. I called the front desk and another 30 minutes went by before someone came to clean the room. For the 4 night stay we were there, there were papers and M & M's on the floor in the hallway that remained in the same stop for the entire stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with the noise level in the restaurant during Innovative Evenings, your long wait time for service in the restaurant, the lack of housekeeping service in your guestroom, and the debris in your guestroom hallway. Please know that I have addressed each of these issues with the appropriate department head to immediately correct with the staff. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Tallahassee
Reviewed October 4, 2012

nice visit- met the hotel manager and very helpful staff
Nice of the hotel to offer a shuttle to the FSU game

only had the breakfast buffet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleaed that you enjoyed your stay and the fantastic service provided by our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2012

staff was pleasant but not able to figure this upgrade out. i don't understand why this review has to be 100 characters because i might not have that much to say. this is wasting time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any annoyance that the length of our survey casued you. However, we appreciate you taking the time to fill it out. I am pleased that you received pleasant service from our staff, but apologize that they were unable to provide upgrade assistance. We will work to improve our service and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Breakfast was good, that was the best part of my stay. Other than that, the quality was mediocre at best.
The sheets on my bed did not seem like they had been changed from the previous guest.
I did not get enough towels. The towel holder in my batrhroom was broken and in the process of being repaired. That unfortunately was my first bad impression when I walked in the room. They did fix it the second day.
The paper cups for the bathroom were placed by the coffee pot, so I thought I didn't have any, until the next day. The hair dryer was also way up on the top shelf of the closet, I did not see it and thought I didn't have one. I had to call room service and they told me where it was.
Most of the machines in the gym did not work.
i asked for more coffee during the meeting and was told that they would bring some more but they did not.
I asked one of the bar attendants information about any restaurants nearby, and he told me to walk over to the mall which was about 1/2 mile away. He did not inform me that the hotel had a shuttle that could take me there. and he did not inform me about the nicer mall near the hotel that was in the other direction, with better restaurants and shopping. I found this out the next day from another staff member.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with the gym equipment, the supply of coffee in your meeting and the lack of information communicated regarding our area shuttle transportation. I also apologize that you were not satisfied with the placement of the water cups and hairdryer in your guestroom. We will certainly utilize your feedback and work to improve our service. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
FINDLAY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here before our cruise out of Tampa and loved the hotel. The staff was very friendly and there were little extras like strawberries and shortcake or other food in the evening, printers available at no charge with hotel computers and complimentary m and m's at the hotel desk. We had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay, especially the weeknight Innovative Evening events, complimentary M&Ms, business center printing options, and the friendly service provided by our staff. We hope to see you again.
MILFORD
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The rooms need some updating. Some of the furnishings are getting old or have stains. We have a great corporate rate so you can't beat the value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our room furnishings and we will work to improve the issues that you mentioned. I am pleased that you received such a fantastic rate and hope to see you again.
POMPANO BEACH
Reviewed September 28, 2012

furnature in the room getting run down my room chairs were banged up , always have to wait 30 min to an hour for the shuttle from the airport , feel ignored when eating out on the resturants patio area all ways have to go in to ask what i need and then they forget so have always go back a few times before getting what I need , other than that they do try to your stay happy just need to pay attention to detail bartenders are very good

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the issues that you experienced regarding the guestroom furnishings, extended wait times for the shuttle transportation and the inattentive service in our restaurant. We truly do not ever want to make you or any guest feel ignored and will work hard to improve our service. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.