“Mini Vacation”

Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Myers, Florida
“Mini Vacation”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

On July 28th through 30th 2012,, we had the great fortune to have accidentally book the 'wrong' Wyndham in Tampa, Florida. After arriving in Tampa it was raining, found out we were at the wrong hotel that we thought was the right hotel. Were redirected 17 miles across town to the 'right' Wyndham, got stuck behind an accident for literary over an hour. Arrived at the 'right' Wyndham, our room was about a 45 minute wait. We were exhausted, we have two kids in tow and I was about in tears. The staff stepped up. Upgraded our room to a key card locked floor for free. And had us safely tucked away and resting within minutes of arriving. The staff is outstanding, friendly , kind and humorous. The housekeeping, grounds , pool, lighting and all around feeling of safety abounded through the entire hotel. I have stayed in many Wyndham's but this one is above and beyond any of them in any and all manner. The Blue Water Grill is part of the hotel. The food is great and well priced. The kids ate free, for all three meals. The Bartenders were amazing. (Based on my very limited knowledge of Bartenders though) I have traveled so much, and just cannot say enough about this hotel. Wyndaham Tampa Westshore. Thank you so much does not begin to say enough.

Room Tip: If you can afford it , book the 11th floor it is quiet and it has a lounge up there open Monday thro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and safety of our property, delicious food in the Blue Water Grill and the fantastic service provided by our staff. I am also pleased that our staff accommodated you with a complimentary upgrade after your long drive into Tampa. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Tampa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Listen,

I normally don't complain because I have stayed in some pretty crappy hotels, but two things made me rate this hotel poorly. First, while checking in, I asked if they needed the tag information for my car, and the response was no. I then went outside and noticed the car next to mine had it's lights on, and the car was empty. When I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk, she stated "They're still on? Someone else reported it about 4 hours ago. Someone is going to be surprised tomorrow morning!" If they actually used the space on the check-in form for car details, they could have averted someone's disappointment and car problem.

The other issue was with my original room on check-in. When I entered the room I detected what I thought was a residual smoke smell, but knowing it was a non-smoking hotel, I thought I must be imagining things. The longer I stayed in the room, the more my eyes began to sting and soon it became unbearable. After looking around for a few minutes, I looked up and saw that someone...the prior guest...had covered the smoke detector with a plastic bag, and placed a washcloth over that. Shouldn't the person who cleaned the room have discovered that? Talk about a real hazard! Granted, when I brought it to the attention of the desk-clerk, she offered me another room, which happened to be right across the hall from the previous room, but that was it.

Bottom line...this is a hotel that needs to pay more attention to not only the condition of it's rooms, but it's guests as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Please accept my apology for the issues you encountered during your stay regarding the smoke odor and the corresponding smoke alarm issue you encountered in your guestroom. I have addressed these issues with our Engineering and Housekeeping departments to immediately correct. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I only spent one night here (before heading to Busch gardens for the day), and we will absolutely return. The location of the hotel was ideal--close to restaurants, shops and 275. Lucy Gutierrez at the front desk was welcoming and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Katie W
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay and that our convenient location and fantastic staff created such a memorable experience for you and your husband. We look forward to seeing you again during your future visits to Tampa.
ORLANDO
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I could not have asked for a better mini vacation. I have already recommended this hotel to my friends and co-workers

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

We appreciate your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We are so appreciative of your kind recommendation of our hotel to your friends and co-workers. We look forward to seeing you and your friends during your future visits to Tampa!
7hsjVK1qjfGSO08PriLhI2g60-9JBR3jkd7o-GfBDx4
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Lack of shelves in bathroom,for items used while in shower. No hand rails in shower & next to commode. Lack of NON-SLIPS TREADS in bathtub. Only one light in bathroom,& it had fan attached,so you had constant fan noise. No night lights in room. Only ONE CHAIR in room.

1 Thank ERNESTINE S
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your room accommodations. Regarding any restroom handrails, our Accessible guestrooms do have this feature, so please do not hesitate to request this option when making reservations in the future. We hope to see you again!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed there because my sons went to a near by baseball camp for 4 days. They loved the M&M's. The breakfast was awful. Parking was great plenty of spots. The pool was nice but never had clean towels available. We did go into the health club next door to get them so not a major issue. For the price we got it did the job and was perfect. I would give 3 stars but the staff was awesome. The housekeeper would decorate my sons bed with his stuffed animals like on a cruise ship. The front desk people were overly polite so I will bump a star up for the staff!

Room Tip: I did notice that they take dogs, I saw about a 40 lb Dalmation. Not sure what the extra cost is.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you and your sons enjoyed the complimentary M&Ms, convenient parking, relaxing pool, and the fantastic service provided by our staff. However, I apologize for any issues you experienced during breakfast and the lack of towels in the pool area. I will certainly address those issues with our restaurant and housekeeping departments to immediately correct. We hope to see you again.
CAPE CORAL
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Everything was great and we love the snacks in the lolbby Monday thru Friday at 5:30 and my kids LOVE the M & M's!!!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, especially the complimentary M&Ms and weeknight Innovative Evening events. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.