“Excellent service”

Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Houston, Texas
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Nuce hotel and great location. The whole staff was extremely cordial and helpful, especially Jamie the manager

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Nancy W
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you experienced the fantastic service that our staff provides. I will certainly share your kind comments with Jamie and acknowledge her great work. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed in the lovely hotel prior to 5 day cruise on the "Sleep and Sail" package. They picked me up from dropping off my rental and allowed us to use the facilities while we waited for our room. They took us to the port for our cruise while giving us a tour of the area on the way. They were very prompt at picking us up from the port. Since my family was driving home, I had to fly from Tampa international. I had a very late flight and graciously the shuttle dropped me off and picked me up from the international plaza which was lovely. They were very kind about my long wait and made sure I was comfortable and relaxed prior to going to the airport. I would highly recommend this property to anyone especially for cruises or meetings that don't require a rental car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Doll2483
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay and that our shuttle service was perfect for your transportation needs. I trust that you enjoyed a fantastic 5-day cruise, as well. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again during your future cruises out of Tampa.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 days in March. I arrived from PA and was greeted at the airort with the shuttle from Wyndham. From the moment I stepped into the shuttle until the day we left the service was amazing! My boyfriend and I were treated like family. By the third day most of the staff knew us by our first name and were always happy to see us. A huge thank you to Anthony, Kenny, Jenn Hand, Jamee, Pam Avery and especially Godson and Colleen. You made our stay so relaxing and enjoyable! We will back for sure even if just to say HELLO!Thanks for making us feel like part of your family! You all deserve applause!!!

1 Thank EB218
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Honestly, we expected more from a Wyndham hotel - especially in downtown Tampa! This is clearly an old building that has been semi-remodeled but is still sub-par compared to other hotels in the same price range. The only mirror in the room is above the very small vanity area making it impossible for two people to get ready at the same time. The outlet by the vanity was so old that it was impossible to use (the plug kept falling out of the wall). My wife got so frustrated that we requested another room. We relocated and had the exact same problem in the second room -- only this time the hair dryer literally self-destructed a few seconds after plugging it in (to an outlet near the bed, without a mirror); the motor locked-up, shot sparks and started smoking! Ugh. Maintenance brought us another crappy hair dryer but the bottom line is this hotel is less than satisfactory. We checked out after two nights and spent the rest of our vacation at another hotel. Save yourself the frustration and find another place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarpeDiemViEtVirtute
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. Please accept my apology for the issues with the outlet and hairdryer that you experienced in your guest room. I have addressed your comments with our Engineering and Housekeeping departments so that they may look into these areas and immediately correct any issues. I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused. I do hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Tampa and that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at and meeting in this hotel March 27 & 28, 2012. This property is nicely appointed and well maintained. The food served at the breakfast buffet was good and the lunch offering of a red snapper sandwhich was outstanding! All that is nice, but what made this a memorable trip for me was the staff.

Julie at the front desk handled my check-in and was most pleasant and helpful, particularly with her arranging dinner reservations for my dining group.

I found that I needed to make last minute arragements for a meeting room. The Sales Manager, Judy, handled my request quickly, professionaly and above all cheerfully. She provided a nicely sized room that served our purpose well. The follow up on the day of the meeting by the Assistant GM, Jerry, along with other members of the staff was also handled very professionally and cheerfully.

I wish I could book all of my meetings at this hotel.

JPG

1 Thank J G
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so excited that our fantastic staff created such a memorable experience for your during your visit. I will certainly share your kind comments with Julie, Judy and Jerry and acknowledge them for their superior service. I am also so pleased that you enjoyed the quality of the food in our Blue Water Grill restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have stayed there several times for business and have really never been disapointed. I was with a group of about 75 couples this trip and found their services again very good. Wonderful front desk people all of the time and we all thought the shuttle service they provided for us was one of a kind not to be beaten anyplace. they were alway ther to serve for our needs, dinner houses ladies shopping trips and great airport service shutle. the fod provided for our group was wonderful for any group meals. I did have a issue with the room airconditioning but they at the front desk again came through very resposive to fix the issue. We were very disapointed however with the hous keeping for us. Might of just been on our floor but we over our 3 day stay had little or no service, had to ask for more than 2 towels. The house keeper never in the time we were there ever did a thing but replace towels and one day wipe down the mirror, had to ask for coffee packets or go to desk to get them.she never even looked at our bed or checked out the coffee pot or needs there and only replace one bar of soap when my wife asked for a new one. We have never had this issue there on several previous trips.

Like always though the entire hopel and staff kept it up to par and very presentable with great people in charge. Our meeting rooms were very well kept and arranged as requested too.

Room Tip: We over the years have been on most floors and enjoyed. Beds very confortable just pick a floor wher...
1 Thank W2HR
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. We truly appreciate your many returns to our hotel and are excited that you enjoyed your visit. I will certainly share your kind comments with the staff regarding the fantastic service that they provide. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the daily housekeeping service in your guest room. I have addressed your comments with our Housekeeping department to immediately look into and correct. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at the Wyndham for four days and 3 nights last weekend for a business conference. I would give this hotel 10 stars out of 5 if I could!!! Starting with the hotel rooms, everything was perfect inside.. a clean smell when we walked in, enough towels, good room temperature, nicely made beds.. I enjoyed very comfy sleep in the rooms as well... Now something that is more difficult to measure but really makes this hotel stand out is the staff... from the front desk staff, to house keeping, to the servers in the restaurant area.. everyone I interacted with was super friendly and helpful... The Front Desk Manager, Joe Rodriguez, is the most personable and hospitable hotel staff I have ever interacted with in my entire life. He made sure my group of 12 guests (4 rooms) were well situated and well taken care of the entire trip!!! He even reached out afterwards during check out to make sure everything went well.. He always asked how our stay was and if we needed anything.. next time I am in Tampa, I will definitely stay here again.. This hotel defines hospitality and was truly a home away from home.. I started feeling like I was on vacation even though I was on a business conference...Again, thank you Joe!!!

Room Tip: upgrading to the club lounge is well worth it, you get free breakfast and dinner snacks :D
1 Thank Alicia B
We appreciate your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so excited that you thoroughly enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms and the fantastic service of our staff. I will certainly share your comments with Joe and the rest of the staff and acknowledge them for their superior service. I look forward to seeing you again during your future visits to Tampa.