“The Good: everything. The Bad: Couldn't stay longer.”

Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
Ranked #15 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed May 21, 2011

First time I stayed at a Wyndham... and definitely not my last. Stayed 4 nights and enjoyed them all. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs (requested free microwave in addition to a fridge). The rooms were plush and clean with flat screen TV. Free M&Ms and flavored water! Free breakfast bar and evening socials with the manager (plenty of free food and drinks). Gym and pool were very nice. Best of all there are two malls located just blocks away... my wife enjoyed this while I was working during the day. There are also many restaurants nearby to choose from. I had no problem with parking my large vehicle. Hopefully all Wyndhams are as nice as this one... hopefully I'll find out on my next trip.

Room Tip: Request upper floor room for the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us. The title of your review certainly encompasses the exact reaction we strive to achieve from all of our guests. Thank you for your complimentary comments about our property. I look forward to seeing you again during your future visits to Tampa.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Stayed here one week in April and again one week in May - mix of business and pleasure.

Great location - proximate to airport and restaurants - pet friendly.

Facility is good but a tad dated - it is the people who go the extra mile that make a difference at this hotel.

Food is very good and chef is award winner.

Felix, Priscilla and Mike are assets to the facility (and no, I'm not related) they deserve some special attention.

These folks make staying here worthwhile when plenty of competition is available. If something is not up to par - or to your liking/expectations these folks will go out of their way to make an enjoyable stay - at least in my experience - and we travel a fair amount on business and pleasure. On the road again next week and the balance of June.

Management is also top notch here - Pam and Jerry run a good ship.

Room Tip: club floor is worth the extra
3  Thank Mjlnir

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stays at our property in April and May. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location, food and staff! I will certainly be sure to pass along your kind comments regarding Felix, Priscilla, Michael and Jerry to ensure that their hard work is recognized. I look forward to seeing you during your future visits to Tampa.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have NEVER had as good an experience as I have experienced with this fine hotel and its' extraordinary staff. The experience starts with the prompt and smooth pickup from the airport and doesn't end there! I want to ESPECIALLY thank Pricilla Gilbert who heads catering. She helped me on matters that didn't pertain to her speciality and clearly loves what she does. I also highly recommend Pam Avery and Judy Hollister who went our of their way to get me into a luxury box experience at a Rays/Yankees game in St. Petersburg! This was one of the highlights the last 20 years! I just feel like I'm coming home when I stay here and can not recommend this wonderful establishment enough to anyone who takes the time to read this. Prepare to be wowed by the professional operation they run here. Clean, friendly, most of all, home away from home.

1  Thank cwales72
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Thank you for your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. It was certainly our pleasure to assist you with your plans while you were in town and I am so pleased that you had a memorable experience. We appreciate that you are spreading the word about our great hotel. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

I chose this hotel because of it's location near the car rental company that I used and it's proximity to the airport. The front desk staff were very cordial and my stay was, for the most part, pleasant. I was told that I would earn no airline frequent flyer miles unless I spent money in their restaurant so I didn't both supplying my Wyndam Rewards number. That seemed at odds with the information I'd seen on the airline's website but, so be it.

The hotel is somewhat old and tired and certainly nothing fancy. There is some sort of mechanical sounding noise in the vent system that reminded me of the noise experienced while riding on a train...just a constant bumping noise; not loud but, nevertheless, irritating. Otherwise, the room was comfortable.

In spite of the fact that this would be considered an 'airport hotel', their shuttle service doesn't start until 6:00am....most certainly too late for a number of early morning flights. They do offer to pay for a taxi for people leaving earlier but I find that to be far less desirable than a sheduled shuttle.

All in all, this hotel is a very acceptable place to stay but certainly nothing special and I'm satisfied that a cheaprer alternative in the same area would work out at least as well for someone in transit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank chuckycheese
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I appreciate your candid comments regarding the location, property and shuttle service. We do strive to create a satisfying and unique experience for our guests and apologize that our property and amenities did not exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

My experience was impecable if not for this. I've stayed in lesser rank wyndham brand hotels that had fast LAN internet access in every room for free. Charging guests for internet conection in the room is like charging them for the water or electricity they use. Come on! Its 2011, internet access is a basic service, no matter if you are traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our property in April. I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip and apologize that the in-room high-speed internet charge was a nuisance for you. We do currently offer complimentary wireless internet in our lobby as well as our business center. However, I understand your concerns regarding the in-room access and will keep them in mind during future property improvements. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

To be brief, and at the risk of coming off snooty, I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to hotels and I was a little unsure what to expect with this hotel after reading some of the reviews on here; for business it seemed like a no-brainer, but for a weekend trip with my girlfriend for Yankees spring training?

Well I can say definitively that we both loved the hotel and really couldn't ask for more - in fact both of us wound up talking about how much we liked the hotel after we left.

Rooms were nice, staff were great, the advertised free themed food and drinks they have in the lobby/restaurant were cool and they will shuttle you around Tampa (within 3 miles) for free. Pool area and hot tub were beautiful. Overall a very satisfying experience, especially for the money. Very close to the airport, the International Plaza, Steinbrenner field and Raymond James Stadium.

I would highly recommend staying in a 'Club Level' room which is not much more per night than a regular room, but gives you access to a little lounge that has complimentary breakfast and snacks, Starbucks coffee, wine and beer at night, as well as computers with internet access.

In a word: Don't hesitate to stay here for business or pleasure, you won't be disappointed (unless there's something wrong with you, in which case, you're on your own).

Room Tip: Get a 'Club Level' room
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Thank you for your complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your trip to Tampa for the Yankees spring training game. I certainly appreciate your feedback about the Club level guest rooms, pool area, innovative evening events, and our staff, as well. We look forward to seeing you during your future visits to Tampa.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

While this hotel boasts of having a good variety of amenities, they are on a budget hotel level. The hotel is situated on a main blvd., and has a high rise office building on it's "bayside" overlooking the small outdoor concrete pool. The promised bay view can be seen from the 10th floor, where our room was located by stretching to our right at the window and craning our necks. There is no complimentary morning coffee in the lobby, which contains the reception desk, a seating area, the bar - restaurant and the restaurant tables...all in a cane and wicker style with flowery cushions. This is the extent of the tropical theme. The complimentary shuttle is nice for travel to and from the airport. They advertise they will shuttle guests up to 3 miles, which should include a trip to Steinbrenner Stadium. This was the main reason I chose this hotel, in addition to the highly overblown description of the hotel, its decor and amenities. The desk informed us they would not transport us as the area has too much traffic. By the way, they have 3 or 4 vans at their disposal right at the entrance, just sitting around. We had to pay a taxi for round trip transport to a spring training game $30.00 with tip. The next day, a shuttle driver told us the hotel takes customers to the baseball field all the time. In fact, he dropped someone off there the same day we were told no. This really frosted us!
The food menu is like takeout food so don't expect fine dining here. But, there are restaurants within walking distance at the almost adjacent Westshore Mall, including a PF. Chang, Mitchell's Fish House, Palm Steakhouse, and Maggiano's Italian.
The rooms are standard size with a flat screen plasma TV (no guide available); and a large king bed that was comfortable and pleasantly decorated. The bathroom is small with no light in the shower/bathtub combo or steam vent. The sink is outside the bathroom door and vanity is tiny with little space for toiletries, etc. Turn around and you are facing a small "closet" space with a curtain drawn across it. All wall are concrete painted a pale yellow. The hotel's claim to fame is in hosting a lot of conferences for single travelers and serving as the Tampa homebase for all Jetblue airline personnel. They come and go at all hours, grab some sleep, and use the shuttle for transport to/from airport. I think the most disappointing aspect of the trip was the anticipation of a "classy" higher end hotel advertised in the hotel literature posted on the web and the subsequent letdown.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sedonajan
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am pleased that you were able to experience our complimentary airport shuttle during your visit. However, I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request for transportation to Steinbrenner Field for the Yankees Spring Training game. I also apologize that you were not satisfied with the bathroom lighting and view from your guest room. Please know that your feedback will assist us in creating a comfortable and satisfactory stay for all of our guests. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa.