“Great Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay
Ranked #107 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is an apartment hotel with all the comforts of home.As such there is no daily housekeeping however anything you might need such as linens and towels, paper goods etc.is promptly and cheerfully provided.The unit was spotless when we arrived,the bed was comfortable and the walk-in closet was great.Our bathroom was large and the shower invigorating.The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. There is a restaurant/bar on site with pretty good "pub" food which we appreciated when we arrived tired and hungry.The pool and hot tub were very nice.This is a vacation rental not a five star luxury hotel and a pretty darn nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the ponds rather than the parking lot.We knew there was no elevator so we...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank windsorpark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I ended up at Mainsail after some miscommunication at an overbooked hotel elsewhere. This has been the quickest check in I have ever experienced. The two bedroom suite is roomy, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms and walk in closets are spacious, and the kitchen is great. Thank you to the staff at the office for saving my day, I was at my wits' end from the previous hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank usfgirl16
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had made reservations at this property because my company was having a workshop there (which I was teaching/facilitating). There is no mention anywhere on the web site that this property is, in the words of the General Manager, "... transitioning from a hotel into an apartment/condo rental complex..." There is no housekeeping - except between suite renters.

Every unit is a one- or two-bedroom suite. Nice, until you realize that there are little in the way of hotel amenities: no front desk except between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM - tough if you happen to arrive late; breakfast advertised on the web site, but once you get there you discover they discontinued that "amenity" months ago; no business center, so if you need a copy of something, you have to get there when someone is manning the front desk; if you want breakfast and don't want to cook for yourself, you must go off property onto one of two extremely busy adjacent highways - not fun for someone who might not know their way around. I could go on, but I hope you get the idea.

Having said what I have found wrong with this property, I did find that, except for a few front desk people and the clueless General Manager, every employee I met or dealt with was very nice, pleasant, and helpful. The on-site restaurant, where I had lunch the three days I was there, was, very good - and I was not expecting much given the other issues but was pleasantly surprised.

Bottom line, don't use this property if you are expecting anything like a hotel. It might be more suited to a medium to long-term stay where you expect to cook and clean for yourself with none of the basic hotel amenities.

Room Tip: If you go, make sure you ask to be in a suite away from the highways (near the middle of the propert...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ed_and_Bonnie26
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The best ways to describe the room is that it felt like an extremely cheap college apartment. Furniture, carpet, beds - all were old and shabby. The worst feature was the bathroom. We didn't have a shower door or a ledge/curb that normally separates a shower! Basically the shower was "part" of the bathroom itself and only had a shower curtain to separate the sink from the shower. Needless to say, water would get everywhere. Finally, there is no room service, or any in room amenities like a normal hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 12KPB
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed in room 310 in building 800 and we had really bad experience. First the ants were all over the bathroom counter and floor. Second the bathtub had cracks in it. Thirds there was mold all over. The air vent had dust and mold around it. My daughter started getting allergy attack as soon as we stepped in the room. Fourth, there were big roaches in the kitchen area. We just had terrible experience. After 1st night our toilet stop working and we had to wait until next day to get it fixed since they close the office at 6:00pm. When we got there our rooms weren't ready and had to wait for hours to get our room. Our whole experience was bad. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this place. They seem to be under staff and don't take care of customers needs in timely manner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank journeywfam
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Came to visit a friend in the military and just decided to make it a family vacation. Stayed in a 2/2 queen room. It was nice and spacious. Had everything in it that I needed plus my privacy from my other family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Catherine J
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have been coming to Mainsail for about 2 yrs twice a yr. The first time my family n I came we like loved it. We always get the 2/2 queen... it was clean n nice that was 2yrs ago in April. However every time we come back our stay has been disappointing. This time we stayed 1 night... on October 19th. When I booked the room I asked if we can check in early as I have 3 young kids 1 being a baby.. I was told sure if it was ready. Well we arrived at 2 n the room wasn't ready because they had 2 weddings that weekend and they will call us when it was ready ...we were told we can use the pool okay great.. while waiting no one ever called well I decided to check 15 mins after the 4pm check in time... low n behold it was ready...hmmm. so we were booked at bldg 800 310. I swear the worst worst room I ever stayed in at mainsail. I hadnt realized how disgusting it was until after a while... as soon we got to the room my family had to get ready for a church function n I stayed back. Well the WORST SMELL EVER, N MOLD N CLOSET,N EVERY AIR VENT HAD A BUILD UP OF DUST N LETS DONT FORGET THE ANTS!!! I called n spoke to Tidas the night supervisor he said they were all booked n there were no other rooms that I can leave if I want wow I was shocked the way he spoke to me. My experience was extremely disappointing and to think I have referred so many ppl here. I just dont understand how can u let ppl stay in a room like that... how? Someone with serious allergies could get an attack n end up in the hospital. The next morning a few of us got up with a very itchy throat. And the sign says renovation by September its past September. Please please fix these things and get back to how you were!!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank fsamaroo337
Shawn Routten R, Guest Relations Manager at Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Mainsail. I can assure you we take your concerns and observations very serious. It is never our intention to provide anything less than impeccable service and I understand it was less than satisfactory.

Your comments have been shared with our management team and we look forward to making your next stay with us a memorable one that will have you returning to stay in one of our renovated guest suites.

Our renovation is nearly complete as we will be finished by the end of this year with upgrades such as new bathroom vanities, beds, furniture etc..

Thank you again for valued business and feedback.