“Food is great and came out really fast!”

Miguel's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 2,383 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Food is great and came out really fast!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We were from out of town and liked what we read in the reviews, wait staff is knowledgeable and prompt, is a little loud, and could be a bit crowded when busy, but we arrived after 5 pm and were sat immediately. I had the India on the recommendation of the waiter and my companion had the beef fajitas. Both were excellent. Dessert is the seasonal strawberry chocolate empanadas with sweet cream cheese filling...was perfect blend of warm filling and pastry. Will be coming back!

• Visited September 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
“In search of Mexico in Tampa”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

When I first saw Miguel's I thought it looked like the type of place that just might have good food.
I had tried other places the day before.
Well I walked in the place was dark yet cosy. Was greeted by hostess, she was very curtious and friendly. Great first impression of a business. She sat me, soon chips and salsa were brought to the table. The salsa had great flavor, you could taste the cilantro, the chips was fresh and cooked to perfection.
Then my waiter Alex greeted me with no expression or ambition. Looked like he might have just gotten there.
I ordered the lunch special of two ground beef tacos and it was served with rice and beans
Also I ordered a tamal a la carte
The food was very flavorful, the tamal was very good.
Overall this is the best place I found on my three day journey for Mexican in Tampa
I recommend this place to all.

• Visited September 2013
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Down Mexico Way”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the good points great service, superb tequila extensive menu. Our server
Caleb was excellent. We ordered the shrimp jalapeño starter between two massive starter well prepared,
too much for us will order smaller portion next visit ? We followed this up with one portion of shrimp fajitas and premium beef fajitas. The beef was disappointing ,wasn't sizzling resembled and tasted like a Chinese stir fry dish. Bad choice on my part but we will revisit , menu is as mentioned before extensive definitely worth another try for the tequila especiale..

Visited September 2013
Tampa Bay
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Miguel's. It is some of the best Mexican food that we have found in Tampa. We arrived late on a Sunday night and they were still busy. We had a slight wait. Once seated we were promptly served chips and salsa. Our entrees were delicious and served HOT.
I will return again to try another tasty dish.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“The Best Mexican Restaurant in Tampa”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Walk in to an atmosphere of vintage Mexico City chic. Gracious and friendly hostesses will seat you at a sturdy rustic table. Delicious Margaritas are served in hand made glasses. Fresh made chips and salsa start off a tasty experience. If all you know of Mexican cuisine is Tacos, you are going to be alright. We eat here regularly and have tried many of the dishes. Everything has been delicious! Miguel's specializes in seafood, so give it a try!!!

• Visited August 2013