“In search of Mexico in Tampa”

Miguel's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

When I first saw Miguel's I thought it looked like the type of place that just might have good food.
I had tried other places the day before.
Well I walked in the place was dark yet cosy. Was greeted by hostess, she was very curtious and friendly. Great first impression of a business. She sat me, soon chips and salsa were brought to the table. The salsa had great flavor, you could taste the cilantro, the chips was fresh and cooked to perfection.
Then my waiter Alex greeted me with no expression or ambition. Looked like he might have just gotten there.
I ordered the lunch special of two ground beef tacos and it was served with rice and beans
Also I ordered a tamal a la carte
The food was very flavorful, the tamal was very good.
Overall this is the best place I found on my three day journey for Mexican in Tampa
I recommend this place to all.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Lets start with the good points great service, superb tequila extensive menu. Our server
Caleb was excellent. We ordered the shrimp jalapeño starter between two massive starter well prepared,
too much for us will order smaller portion next visit ? We followed this up with one portion of shrimp fajitas and premium beef fajitas. The beef was disappointing ,wasn't sizzling resembled and tasted like a Chinese stir fry dish. Bad choice on my part but we will revisit , menu is as mentioned before extensive definitely worth another try for the tequila especiale..

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Miguel's. It is some of the best Mexican food that we have found in Tampa. We arrived late on a Sunday night and they were still busy. We had a slight wait. Once seated we were promptly served chips and salsa. Our entrees were delicious and served HOT.
I will return again to try another tasty dish.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Walk in to an atmosphere of vintage Mexico City chic. Gracious and friendly hostesses will seat you at a sturdy rustic table. Delicious Margaritas are served in hand made glasses. Fresh made chips and salsa start off a tasty experience. If all you know of Mexican cuisine is Tacos, you are going to be alright. We eat here regularly and have tried many of the dishes. Everything has been delicious! Miguel's specializes in seafood, so give it a try!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

When you walk into Miguels it looks like it used to be a steak house but instead serves upscale Mexican food. The decor is old with a bit of a modern feel and the tables sit close together. There is more than meets the eye at this place. First of all the salsa is delicious! My husband and I ate so many chips and salsa we wanted to ask for a pint of it to take home. Our entree's were equally amazing! At Miguels a quesadilla is not just a dilla its an elaborate, beautiful and mouth watering Mexican dish! Time and effort is clearly put into everything Miguels serves. If you are visiting the area and looking for a great Mexican restaurant, this is the best place to go!