“I'm sorry, I just don't get the great reviews...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #195 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I'm sorry, I just don't get the great reviews...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Went there while on vacation because I read the great reviews. Drew me even more there by the bad review where they threw out the family with the noisy kids (they must have been out of control cause its loud in there) I thought it was good they tossed the unruliness out. But anyway, i ordered grouper Parmesan, a recommendation from the staff and my mother ordered chicken parm...the salads we had were very good and the bread was very tasty but our main courses were just average tasting. The gravy on the spaghetti and chicken and fish tasted like sauce from a jar and way too much was on the food. The portions are HUGE and I'm guessing that's what the real draw is to this restaurant. It wasn't cheap either. I don't mind paying good money for a good meal but portion size aside, I'd rather have a smaller but better tasting food for the price. Both entrees, one beer, and a tea costed almost $45...I don't recommend this place.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Susie706

Tampa
“Huge Portions, tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My spouse and I visited Gino's for dinner. We had been there before and were aware of the huge portions that are served. I had the Chicken Parmigiana without the side of Capellini Marina (pasta with sauce) and side Caesar Salad. More than enough! Tasty too! My spouse had the Barbeque Chicken flat bread pizza - which over half came home as a leftover. A relatively inexpensive bottle of red and dinner was complete. This establishment is not a chain, I believe the waiter that we had has served us in the past - like ten years ago. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Richard R
Clayton, North Carolina
“Worth the trip!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wanted to support local family restaurant & Ginos was a great choice. Everything was delicious. The Gnocchi was very good. My husband loved the Rigatoni with Italian Sausage & Mushrooms

• Visited April 2013
Odessa, Florida
“Very Good Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The four of us enjoyed the food at Gino's very much. They also had surprisingly delicious bread to go with the meal. The sauces were great without being too heavy as they often are with Italian foods. I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Crazy portions w great taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here as it was close to the zoo and had a 28 zagat score. The food was great and very large portions. If ur a normal eater, recommend paying the $2.50 sharing fee unless u want leftovers.