“Lots of Guiness”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Probably the cutest building in Tampa. The food is always good and on Sundays you get to listen to Irish music. The outside sometimes looks a bit dirty because they don't seem to pick up the garbage that either gets thrown or blows in.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

It was just A wee walk from our hotel. It was very clean with lots of after work patrons and definitely a local favorite. Food was traditional Irish. We had potatoe soup with THE best soda bread ever. The corn beef Ruben had generous beef and very flavorful. Many kinds if beer on draft at a very reasonable price. Overall a great choice with friendly and efficient service. We loved it.

1  Thank plastx2
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you can't be in the Emerald Isle, than being at the Four Green fields is the next best thing. The facade is from an actual Irish Cottage brought over here and rebuilt. A pub can only be good as the people in it, Lauren was our bartender, and she knows how to pour a pint of Guinness. There were many people people enjoying the afternoon with good craic. It was cool, but there is outdoor seating available. also, a great area for night time music, so I will go back. When approaching the pub by car, slow down, as it is small frontage, and the parking area is down the street two house lengths. So go for it!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited FGF on a Saturday afternoon in January. I'm not sure if I just happened upon the establishment following a particularly busy lunch rush or what, but when my colleague and I arrived, there were three occupied tables. The rest of the tables in the restaurant were dirty (at least 10 tables). My colleague and I found the least dirty table and pulled up a chair. We waited about 10 minutes for the only waitress to come over, clean off our table, offer us menus, and take our orders. All the while, she served patrons who arrived after us but saddled up at the bar rather than chose a table. I didn't care for that. The rest of the tables remained dirty for about 80% of the time we were there.

Aside from that, the beer was cold and the food was VERY good. My colleague ordered the ham sandwich served on Irish soda bread. He said it was outstanding! I had the corned beef sandwich and it was equally tasty.

FGF is located about a block beyond Publix if you're coming from the Convention Center/Riverwalk. I was staying at the Marriott Waterside, so it was a nice walk on a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place has everything I look for in a casual bar/restaurant- great casual atmosphere, lively crowds, low prices and a huge outdoor area. I hope to return to it every time I'm in Tampa.