“Rather Disappointing”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I think I probably went in with too high of expectations, because I was a bit disappointed.
I got a pulled pork sandwich and we shared the mac salad and coleslaw. The meat was ok..I prefer it pulled rather than chopped and it was pretty flavorless..luckily the sauce was probably my favorite thing here so that saved it. If you like sweet bbq sauce like me you'll definitely like theirs! The macaroni salad is a spicy cold salad and while I like the idea...it definitely had potential to be something I'd really it was mostly just spicy without to much flavor. The coleslaw was a total miss for me..cabbage was just kinda ehh and the flavor was off.
It wasn't awful..and if you live in Tampa it might be one of the better options, but if you're a real bbq fan I'd probably skip it..I can get better stuff at home..I'd say the highlights of this trip were the sweet tea and the bbq sauce.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We've been here several times and never disappointed. I love all their food, but one day I accidentally got the corned beef and I was hooked!
I haven't ordered any other meat since then. I used to work nearby and it was difficult to work due to the aroma coming from there.
I know they used to feed their leftovers to homeless people living in the area- which is very noble in my book.
Do your self a favor and stop by there for lunch or dinner. You won't regret it.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

An obscure location in a strip mall was a GREAT surprise!!! And a location I will visit ever time I'm in town... I may actually fly in just for the ribs!!!!! These were some of the best ribs I have ever had .... Nicely smoked and not dripping in sauce ... You have the option to add as little or as much sauce as you want since they have no sauce on them !!!!

1  Thank Tan-girl1
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For those of you who want a short review....FANTASTIC!!!! LONG REVIEW......My husband and I were told that this was the place to go for ribs so we headed down the street from our hotel. We pulled up and here was a smoker in the parking lot.....that smell is great advertising! We were complimenting the guy who was managing the smoker and he said the boss was in the truck next to the smoker. Next thing we know the owner,Roger Storr, walked us through the line and made sure we got big tastes of everything!!! I cannot say how good this meal was! The spicy macaroni, pork ribs, beans, collard greens, fritters, brisket, home made french fries (Idaho potatoes)...... WHAT CAN I SAY!!!! This was one great meal!!! Roger then sat down with us and told us how this all came to be. What a role model to his employees, family, and friends. We are now back at our hotel and thankfully we have a refrigerator because Roger made sure we had samples (Full portions I'd say!) of everything!!!! Don't miss this. This is a man who has a great work ethic and is sharing family recipes with the rest of us!

1  Thank marieNorthDakota
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I go there quite often and almost always order the same thing, turkey dinner with fries and spicy macaroni salad. Everyone I've ever taken there loved it and when we've used them for catering the meat flies off the platters and we have to go back for more. The sauce is amazing as well, great spot. Only thing, get there early because there is line out the door by 11:30.