“Good lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I took my parents here for lunch and was glad we stopped by. I had the greek salad and it was good. The restaurant was very clean and the service was excellent. The bread was pretty good too. I will go back.

3  Thank Kornellius

Reviewed October 24, 2012

So I had been wanting to stop here for some time on our bike trail riding but almost skipped because the ratings were average. Maybe people are somewhat disappointed with the older decor and casual, sports bar look, but the food was fantastic, and it was nice to not worry about what we were wearing. Inventive twists like ahi tuna tacos. No skimping on ingredients or portions either. We enjoyed our visit and will go back for sure.

3  Thank JaJLMFL
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

A good seafood menu that has quaint items. Service is a little slow but the food is good. Lunch is a good time to come in.

3  Thank Brackjr
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The little things at Ballyhoos makes it worth the trip. Great Greek touches, fresh fish, consistent. Staff is always friendly and helpful, and a great place to take the senior folks. Keep asking for the smoked mullet dip and grouper done any way. Not sure if this Ballyhoo does the smoked amberjack or not. Best to avoid the pushy drinkers if you can.

4  Thank DineReview
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We went for lunch today and were very unhappy with the whole experience. Someone took our drink order, which came out quickly. The server ended up being the bartender, even though we were not in the bar area. She took our order and disappeared. She offered bread, but never brought it. My Diet Coke was flat and since the server never came back, i had to go up to the bar to request another. She never apologized for not bringing the bread and seemed to think nothing of me having to come up to the bar to be served. She was too busy washing bar glasses.

We ordered a salad with grilled chicken and fish tacos. Much like the dipping oil for the bread, the meals were pretty tasteless and bland. The "mixed greens" in the salad were mostly iceberg lettuce with a few pieces of Romaine. The chicken was dry and like leather, according to my husband.

If Ballyhoo does not do something to improve their food and service, I am afraid they will go out of business again.

Been to Ballyhoo Grill? Share your experiences!