“Food & Fun”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Maggiano's Tampa, located on the corner of Westshore & Kennedy near the Westshore Plaza Mall. Our restaurant is convenient to the Port of Tampa & only 2 miles from the Tampa International Airport. Maggiano's 380 seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. Our fabulous patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very enjoyable dining experience with my family. We ordered family style. Food was very good with a variety of items. Waiters are attentive, friendly and helpful. Great place for a family or group event where you can enjoy great food, relax and take your time dining.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

On each trip to Tampa, we eat at Maggiano's and have never been disappointed. I always make a reservation and am seated on time, regardless how crowded it is. The food is good and the service has always been friendly. My sister is visiting Tampa this week, and the first thing I did was make a reservation for her at Maggiano's.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had lunch here on one of shopping trips to the Tampa area. There was a large lunch crowd which is always a good sign. We enjoyed a margarita flatbread and a house salad with chicken. The flat bread was excellent. The chicken in the salad was grilled to perfection and a whole half. For the price expected half of the amount. Our server was attentive even with the large number of diners. We will go back on a future shopping trip.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went to Maggiano's with another female friend after we went shopping at Macy's at the Westshore Mall. We wanted a glass of wine and a light bite. We thought it would be just OK being in the mall, and a chain, and we never eat a full meal here because it is not a destination, just a place to go to after shopping or seeing a movie.

We were extremely surprised at the quality of the salad and the pasta dish we had. When we commented how good everything tasted, our Amazing server, Jessica, reminded us that "the food is very tasty and fresh here." We were sitting in the bar area and Jessica gave us terrific service. I was surprised at that too. I was WOWED! So was my friend. It was later at night and the busy time was over. You expect everyone to be tired and ready to go home. But I got better service and food here than at places I have spent three times the money on at recently. We had Cobb Salad and a Bowtie pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and other veggies in it. Both items were Delicious and the leftover pasta was more delicious the next day.

The wine list is nice by the glass and you can choose 6 or 9 ounces. The only issue we had was our salad plates were very warm. The server who brought those was Nikki, and she was very nice about it. She offered to put them in ice. I understand this location may need MORE SALAD plates at peak times (this was at 9:15 at night) so the plates can be chilled.

I will go back and make this a destination rather than a just a place to go at the mall.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Though we do like the food here, the service leaves alot to be desired. The waiter was in such a hurry to turn the table that he didn't even let us see the menu before trying to take our order. We did not get straws for our drinks, did not get the balsalmic vinegar for the olive oil bread dip, and were served the entrees just about 2 minutes after getting the salad. The waiter then was confused about how to handle a coupon (which we recieved via e-mail for a birthday) and tried to tell us we had to e-mail it to them and gave us a business card with the restaurant's website on it (note, websites are not e-mail addresses!). If you want to be rushed through your meal, be sure to go to Maggianos.

Been to Maggiano's Little Italy? Share your experiences!