“Sure it hasn't changed, but some things shouldn't”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #1,186 of 2,407 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
“Sure it hasn't changed, but some things shouldn't”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Went back for the first time in 5 years. It's a long drive so we've been going to bbq's closer to home like Hungry Harry's, Dickey's, and Hot Rods. They are so terrible and we finally said enough. Sonnys is far from the very best, but it was still consistent and good. Wife had fat-free st. Louis ribs and I had a smoked turkey sandwich. The food was good, not great. Beans were very good, sauces were good. To get a rib fix in the future, this is where we will go. Also a good salad bar.

Coppell, Texas
“Three-meat combination was good”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I ate lunch here with colleagues. We enjoyed the food and service. From what I recall there are at least three, probably four varieties of barbeque sauce on the table to sample. Fortunately the sauce containers are name-labelled to prevent the diners from becoming confused (like I was confused at Smokey Bones color-coding scheme) about the flavors. The lighting in the place seemed a bit dingy but it's not a significant negative during daylight hours, I suppose. Parking can be a bit of a problem at Sonny's due to the lunch hour rush and unavailability of space.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Best Barbecue in the South including Florida”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I frequent this establishment a lot! The barbecue and menu selections are the best in Tampa and when I was in P.Cola the same. The barbecue ribs and chicken are terrific along with appetizers and you won't break the band eating here!Great staff, from the Management to the waitress staff. All you can eat also and they won't stop you either! I go to the North Dale Mabry in Northdale, Tampa region. They have weekly specials and always very consistent all the way around! Best in Tampa!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
“Gooooood!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Sonny's is like eating at a friend's house that makes great BBQ! It isn't costly, they give you good portions, the servers are friendly and always on top of things. The salad bar is always filled properly and the smoked chicken salad is to die for!

Visited December 2012
“Love It!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I have been going to Sonny's on N. Dale Mabry Hwy. for 23 years. We absolutely love the food there. When my children come home for a visit, we always have to take them there for either lunch or dinner. They have the best B-B-Q around. The food is always consistently good, and well priced.

• Visited December 2012