“Excellent Service, Very good food, Reasonable Price”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Stonewood Grill & Tavern offers a complete dining experience for both your eyes and your palate. You don't want to have just another ordinary night out - so tonight, make it extraordinary! We oak-grill each steak to lock in its juices and enhance its natural flavors. Plus, only the freshest seafood has the honor of being prepared by one of Stonewood's gourmet chefs. Adding our innovative wine list featuring rare selections and exceptional pairings makes Stonewood a great place for couples, friends, and coworkers, for date night, happy hour, special occasions, and holiday parties. So the next time you're looking for the perfect night out, come to Stonewood Grill & Tavern.
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Service, Very good food, Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We visited this restaurant last night, where my friend had a chicken pot pie and I had a NY sirloin.
The waiter was extremely professional and friendly, the food was prepared quickly and as requested. Two beers, two appetizers and two decent meals came out to $50.
I would say around North Tampa this is a really nice restaurant and highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014

“Old reliable takes a big fall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have been eating at Stonewood since the first one opened in Ormond Beach many years ago and always regarded it as one of the best restaurants around. Reliably good food and service, albeit a bit pricey. So I was beyond disappointed when I visited this location for the first time recently and got what was arguably one of the worst filet mignons I have encountered anywhere. Tough, full of gristle and overall, not all that flavorful. And for that (a big 6 oz), I paid $30!? I'm not one to complain and raise a rukus. I just paid the bill and left. But I sure would think twice before eating at this location again (Ormond Beach and Lake Mary locations have been very good in the past but I have not been in a while). Perhaps this is a consequence of rising beef prices. They are pushing scraps near the filet, which normally would not qualify as filet to cover extra costs. If so, that's a very bad move. Also was quite disappointed in the "key lime pie" which they bragged was homemade at the restaurant. If so, they need to fire the pastry chef. It was completely devoid of any lime favor. More like sweetened condensed milk pie. Too sweet. Missing the essential tart counterpoint lime juice provides. I honestly think they forgot to add the lime juice. On the upside, the wait staff was very good, the bread (pretzel twist especially) was quite tasty and the cesear salad was small but adequate. Given the high cost of the food here, it should be much much better and the portion sizes need to be improved from the tiny ones they now serve (I ordered broccoli with the steak and got three tiny buds. A couple of mouthfuls.) When the brought the plate with a tiny shriveled filet and the few scraps of broccoli in the middle, well, lets just say the presentation was underwhelming.
Perhaps this was some sort of aberration and I just caught them on a bad night (Saturday). I hope so. Otherwise I will have cross this chain off my list of preferred restaurants. I don't mind paying a lot for good quality. But this was, on the whole, mediocre at best. And that a charitable rating.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zapatop
Tampa, Florida
“Great neighborhood feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We are regulars at Stonewood and thoroughly enjoy the neighborhood feel of the restaurant. The manager, Dave, hires intelligent, attentive servers and he stays on top of things, from service to food quality and presentation. Dave is especially good at getting to know his customers. My only criticism is that, although they have a few featured items which vary, the menu is a bit limited and is rarely changed. My guess is that not varying the menu is an effort to try to keep prices reasonable, but it is a trade-off.

Land O Lakes, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A winner in food, service, atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We are still new to this area (going on 6 mos) but there are so many restaurants to choose from! Stonewood Grill is certain to become one of our favorites. We enjoyed the warm subdued lighting and wood throughout. Service was excellent and the manager/maître-d stopped by too. The cocktails were stronger than most (tall Tanqueray and gin, single shot but was almost a double in reality). The warm breads (3 kinds) were a delicious start to our meal. We chose the house dinner salad with grilled salmon, cooked to our liking. So often salmon is served overdone (at least for our taste) but we asked for medium rare here and they really delivered! (Might even ask only for medium next time!) The key lime pie was the creamiest we've ever had. Anyway we stopped here on a whim but now feel it is a must-do for future meals out. Can't wait to try some of their other creative options.

Redington Beach, Florida
“You'd Never Know it was a Chain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

If I hadn't known before dining at the Stonewood in New Tampa, I would never have guessed this was a chain restaurant. It's very comfortable and has an adult atmosphere which we appreciate when dining with other adults without kids (although there could have been some quiet, well-behaved children there...we didn't hear or notice them). When trying to discuss business or meeting up with friends we don't often see, this is important.

We started with their friend calamari which was juicy, tender, and well-cooked. They served it with a jalapeno mustard that was a really nice change from marinara served at most restaurants. And it came with a few (not nearly enough) sliced jalapeno chips that were delicious, too.

We all had the house salad, which was made of fresh, crisp greens served on nicely chilled plates. The Calamari appetizer is delicious. They were tender, juicy, fried perfectly and served with jalapeno mustard (nice change from other restaurants' marinara) with a few jalapeno chips (would have LOVED a few more).

Our dinners were right-sized and all tasty. One had the chicken pot pie with big chunks of chicken and veggies in a white sauce with puff pastry. What's not to love, here. Another had the boneless short ribs that were tender, juicy, and nicely seasoned. I tried the Tuscan chicken that had artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, goat cheese, and a really nice Lemon Beurre Blanc sauce (basically white wine, lemon, butter, and a little cream). We all agreed we would come back AND wouldn't hesitate to order the same items again.

1 Thank DivingDebbie