“Good food-service ?”

Vallarta's Restaurante
Ranked #1,342 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I went here because we know many people who love this place. The food was good, but our service, not so good. Our server rushed from here to there and I almost felt like I was an imposition. Last night, we thought we'd try the other Vallarta's on Anderson Road and the service was even worse. I got the exact same feeling--that we were an imposition. I think we're done with this place.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were very impressed with the food we had. Service was very attentive, very quick. We were there during happy hour and the margarita's were great. The food was very good, the portions were enormous. Very casual atmosphere, could use a bit of sprucing up.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped by on a Saturday evening about 7:30 pm. The restaurant was crowded, but there were empty tables. We were seated after a 10 minute wait. It took our server at least 10 minutes to come and get our drink orders and another 10 minutes for him to bring the drinks. We were given chips and salsa right away by the hostess that sat us. We sat with our drinks for awhile and then our food order was taken--food came out pretty quickly, brought by a food runner. We had asked our server for more salsa when he took our order, but never got any so the food runner got us more salsa. After that, we never did see our server for a LONG time. He stopped by and my husband asked for a refill of his soda--never did get that. Had to hunt him down for the check and a box for left overs. Meanwhile, there were lots of other servers doing a fantastic job of keeping their guests happy. We just got unlucky with our server. The food was excellent and the portions large--I am usually a good tipper--my mom and daughter were servers so I know the importance of a good tip for great service (30% on average), but I did not feel bad leaving him a small tip--actually the food runner did more for us than our waiter did. We probably will go back becasue the food was really good, but definitely will not stay if we get the same server. We did mention to the cashier that our service was dismal, he noted the server's name and said he would let management know--we hope he did and the manager gave the server some career counseling.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm not a primadona by any means and will eat good food out of a roach coach b/c its good food. But this place is just dirty. The carpets are filthy and everything feels sticky. The food is good, not fantastic. The buffet is worth the price, but don't look at the actual buffet where the food is located b/c they are dirty looking and completely overused. This place could be so much better if they put a tile floor and cleaned up the place a little bit. Service is just ok. I once waited 15 minutes for a soda. The margaritas are pretty good and they have giant margarita glasses that they serve in.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

What can you say about this place. Usually, Mexican restaurants go two ways... abundant food, lower price and low quality OR less food, great quality, higher price. This place has it both. It marries both the fancier side of Mexican cuisine with Ce(r)viche that is really good with the long time favorites, like taquitos and such. Service is fast, prompt, courteous and we could not have been happier to be celebrating a special occasion with a great group of friends here. As we were leaving, a mariachi band was coming in, they were legit by all means (when you see old dudes in the band, its usually the real deal). Highly suggested for authentic, good, well priced Mexican food. Recommendations: get the ceviche with fresh tostadas, taquitos and try the Chipotle Tilapia (amazing Chipotle, with some bite!).

Been to Vallarta's Restaurante? Share your experiences!