“Tia's - Two Tips?”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were visiting from out of state and treated our extended FL family to dinner at Tia's. The food was good and plentiful, and the service was fine. The atmosphere was just ok. We customarily tip 20% for good service and did so this night. Looking back on it, the bill was higher than expected. Since we don't generally eat out with large groups of people, we are not used to the tip being automatically added to the bill. I'm not certain of this, but it is quite possible that we tipped twice (a considerable amount each time as the bill was for ten people). Servers and restaurants should be required to tell patrons if a tip is automatically added for larger parties.

-tbt
rfg

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We go here frequently for good Tex Mex. The chips and salsa, chicken fajitas are our favorite. We prefer sitting in the booths in the bar area. (We usually go to lunch). We have found its faster service and somewhat more attentive.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Overall the experience was pretty good. I have visited Tia's in the past and food was better. Yet, the did was not terrible this time. The value was great. Kids are free which was a bargain. The atmosphere was fun as always. The waitress was pretty good, just s little slow.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to this place over a two year period and I really like the environment and the food. Their adult beverages are great!

good food and service, you'll enjoy it!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant has a cute outdoor patio and looked promising from the outside. We were seated promptly and had a very friendly, efficient server. Our table was a bit rickety and rocked back and forth.

Complimentary chips and salsa were served, but The chips were not served warm (like we get at most Mexican or Tex Mex places we frequent) and salsa was just OK. Both my husband and I ordered the chimichanga with rice and beans - I had refried and he had black beans. Unfortunately, everything was rather bland and the consistency was that of food that had been prepared in advance and reheated. The rice was crunchy and my refried beans had a "crust" on them.

We were in a hurry and didn't complain, so I can't fault the server in any way. However, it's doubtful we'd return.