“Average Tex Mex”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant has a cute outdoor patio and looked promising from the outside. We were seated promptly and had a very friendly, efficient server. Our table was a bit rickety and rocked back and forth.

Complimentary chips and salsa were served, but The chips were not served warm (like we get at most Mexican or Tex Mex places we frequent) and salsa was just OK. Both my husband and I ordered the chimichanga with rice and beans - I had refried and he had black beans. Unfortunately, everything was rather bland and the consistency was that of food that had been prepared in advance and reheated. The rice was crunchy and my refried beans had a "crust" on them.

We were in a hurry and didn't complain, so I can't fault the server in any way. However, it's doubtful we'd return.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Menu was short as compared to other Mexican style restaurants. Food was bland with a hint of sweetness?? Not sure why that was but there was no spice or tex mex flavor for sure! The fries on the kids menu was about the only thing worth finishing. Overpriced for the portions. Ordered fajitas and there wasn't much meat and hardly any peppers- lots of over or undercooked onions :(-. Will not return!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Found this place while visiting Tampa with my dad, and we enjoy it enough to go back every time we're in town. Great sweet tea, fantastic chips and salsa, wonderful service, and decent prices - this is still one of my favorite restaurants. I wish there were more (or at least one near me, ha)!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped here after getting off the plane and heading to our hotel. The food was amazing and the staff was awesome. From the outside, you might think otherwise, but once you get inside, you will return.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been here mid-week about a handful of times, but each time everything was very good.

The food was always cooked right and very tasty, and the servers have been super nice and attentive. They serve you a lot of food, so I always have leftovers for the next day, and they taste great even then. This is definitely not a Mexican restaurant, but more Texan style (hence Tex-Mex) so just keep that in mind!

I'll definitely come back here when I'm in the mood for some Tex-Mex food!