“Just Another Regular Denny's”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #593 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Another frequent visitor to the Denny's on Dale Mabry on one of my many Florida pilgrimages. Why not get fortified for the ride over the Skyway back to my cousin's in Sarasota at nearly the crack of dawn. Wished the clubs in Massachusetts stayed open till around 4 or 5 am like Tampa. And I don't even drink. Good Thing. Not a good thing being trashed heading over the Skyway late, late....
I'm only there in the early, early am. so I just look over the menu get what I want, chew and screw. No muss, no fuss. By the time I get back to Sarasota it may be light enuf to head to Siesta for a nice walk to walk off the calories. Now this is living....

1  Thank PAUL D

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Walked in to this place and its a little run down... Our server Melanie was very quick to take our order dispite she was very busy cleaning tables, running food,attending her tables, bussing tables, and someone else's
Table... I observed possibly the manager just walk in and out of office and into kitchen bk to office and until he seen they were swamped he came out to help... She deserved her tip she got needs improvement ...but a good place to eat

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Our server, Amy, was attentive and outstanding. The food was as good as it comes and served quick and hot. Great spot before kickoff.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Loved my hickory chicken. But everything seemed so old and just worn out. Even the floor mat and carpet. Monica was a great waitress.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Denny's is located on one of the main streets in Tampa, Fl so there are many options for dining in the area. The first night in town I had the pleasure of being served by Liz. Her personality is huge and service excellence is outstanding, and I will always ask for her if she is working when I return. I was on a low carb diet and redeemed my free birthday slam, but unfortunately I didn't find the whole wheat pancakes tastey. The taste of whole wheat is not Denny's fault by far. Everything else my guest and I dined on was very hot and tastey. I returned the next day for more great food and service, and only received one of the two. The food was hot and great, but the service from Thomas was poor. He appeared very old and unconcerned. I do believe he was oblivious to his poor service level and not intentionally being distant. He brought me a refill of sweet tea when I had unsweet, I ordered additional wheat toast and watched it get cold in the window while he vacuumed, and he never once smiled. The service from Thomas was not just a problem for me, but also for other patrons in his area because we conversed with them. I will recommend this place for location, food quality, and service from Liz and others beside Thomas. The manager on shift was very nice and at check out he asked if there were any issues. I didn't have the heart to report Thomas because he was old and I thought he may truly not be able to do better.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!